First time shooting

Nick kelly

Hi Guys, I am waiting on my shotgun licence to come through and then I'll be out at the grounds, I have been shooting at greenfields in Canterbury the last few weeks doing the have a go sessions. My question to you guys what's the best place for a newbie and what is the proper etiquette for example marking cards and who does the trap etc. I know it sounds silly I just want too do things right.

Welcome to the Forum Nick, there are no silly questions.

If you are becoming a regular at one ground, make friends and go with the same group of people. That way you can be supportive of each other and hopefully if you speak to the ground someone may well volunteer to give you some guidance.

Don't be afraid to mention that you're a novice. As an experienced rifle shot you should be well up on weapon safety.

Crack on and enjoy.

8 hours ago, Nick kelly said:

Hi Guys, I am waiting on my shotgun licence to come through and then I'll be out at the grounds, I have been shooting at greenfields in Canterbury the last few weeks doing the have a go sessions. My question to you guys what's the best place for a newbie and what is the proper etiquette for example marking cards and who does the trap etc. I know it sounds silly I just want too do things right.

Hey, I’m at greenfields a lot, would be happy to let you shoot with me with my guns and show you how the traps work and how to mark score cards and some other bits too, if you fancy it? 

Edited by Jay1234