New .17 HMR round coming soon

3 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

True. The A17’s can be used in bolt guns. They achieve higher velocities in a bolt gun than they do in a semi auto according to a review I read. I recently bought some, but haven’t given them a try yet.

Would you post on this forum when you have tried them please?

2 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Would you post on this forum when you have tried them please?

No problem, I’ll put a few over the chrono as well, although my barrel is only 15”.  Most 17 grain bullets run at about 2470-2500 in my 15” barrel so it will be interesting to see how much faster the A17’s are.

1 hour ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Can l ask why you come across with your last statement regarding ammo to rifle specific.

This cartridge has been fired very successfully in HMR bolt action rifles, mine included.

lts a very accurate round.

It was meant tongue in cheek, hence the winking emoji (but humour can be lost on forums/internet)... because the round was originally designed (specifically) for the A17 rifle.

It is, ofcourse, suitable for use in any .17HMR  rifle ?

Edited by Harry Callahan

On 1/6/2018 at 18:56, Rimfireboy said:

No problem, I’ll put a few over the chrono as well, although my barrel is only 15”.  Most 17 grain bullets run at about 2470-2500 in my 15” barrel so it will be interesting to see how much faster the A17’s are.

Any news for us yet bud? Mine is a 15" barrel too.

Edited by Dave-G

12 hours ago, zx10mike said:

ha ha ha in the first pic advert on this post is it me or is one tip pointed and the other *****d in there own advert ? this would give two very different bc's

They seem pretty big too compared to the box. lol

Its an advert,,,,,, dont believe anything you see in an advert, they are there to snare you and make you think they are the best thing since Cadburys Smash.

14 hours ago, zx10mike said:

ha ha ha in the first pic advert on this post is it me or is one tip pointed and the other *****d in there own advert ? this would give two very different bc's

Ha ha, Careless photo cropping there - some of the box top and bottom is missing too. lol.

On 6 January 2018 at 04:32, Eric Mayer said:

New bullet, the Speer VNT.  They are saying it has a thinner jacket than the VMax, so more explosive.  We'll do more on it in about a week, when we have some ammo.

Not seen or heard anything from Eric Mayer on this subject, in fact this is the only post made so very quiet indeed.