Transferring photo's from iPhone to PC

steve_b_wales

Use the charging/lightning cable, plug it in your pc, plug phone in. Go into ‘computer’ and select iPhone which should be with the storage tabs like C: drive D: drive etc.  Once selected you should see your picture folders from there and be able to save them to your PC. 

9 minutes ago, Jason_ox said:

Use the charging/lightning cable, plug it in your pc, plug phone in. Go into ‘computer’ and select iPhone which should be with the storage tabs like C: drive D: drive etc.  Once selected you should see your picture folders from there and be able to save them to your PC. 

I've just tried the above, but my iPhone is not showing up anywhere.

3 minutes ago, jam1e said:

If you've named the file your pics have gone to, go to the C drive and put the name of the file in your computers search bar. Top far right on mine.

Just a thought..

James

The photo's on my phone come under 'All Photo's, 'Favourites' and 'People' but none of these show in the 'C': drive.

12 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

The photo's on my phone come under 'All Photo's, 'Favourites' and 'People' but none of these show in the 'C': drive.

Fair enough Steve. I'll ask my son when he gets back from work, prob tomorrow...  Hopefully you will have sorted it by then.

Cheers

James

1 hour ago, martyn2233 said:

I downloaded this program earlier but cannot get my mobile connected to it. It states 'no device connected', even though I know it is.

1 hour ago, jam1e said:

Fair enough Steve. I'll ask my son when he gets back from work, prob tomorrow...  Hopefully you will have sorted it by then.

Cheers

James

Thank You.

One reason I don't like Apple too much.

How to instructions are:-

1. Difficult to find.

2. You get sent to forums where everyne has their own way of doing things. 

3  The info is 10years out of date and refer to an IPod or something else.

4. You have to navigate around Adverts and multiple downloadable programmes promising the world of convenience that are either useless or let you get to the bit you want before asking asking ransom in  payment.

No doubt the photos are stored "on the cloud" at sometime in the past an annoying pop up would keep bugging you to press accept (even after you say no) which will then have transferred all of then on to " the cloud" and removed them from the phone storage. The phone will then download them for viewing when you want to view them.

If this is the case you don't need aby fancy downloaded programmes just   to sign into your Apple account 

SIgn gn into your Apple/ icloud account on the Apple website  via a web browser on your PC (not itunes).

The pictures can then be downloaded to the PC from the I cloud link at the top of the webpage.

You don’t need any apps to get the photos to your PC.

connect the phone via the charge lead. Allow the PC to download the drivers (this is the important part) it’ll make a noise when completed, once this is complete just go to my computer and find the phone within the folders, it’ll be set as storage device. Click into the file and there will be another folder (think it’s DMIC or something like that) all your photos will be there.

ive had issues with a broken charge lead before, make sure your lead is in good order. But with 5 iPhones in my household this is the only way I’ve backed up my pictures on the hard drive of my PC.

• 5 weeks later...