What is wrong with today's kids?

Lord Geordie

3 hours ago, dbob said:

Scum bag parents breed scum bag kids and then they go on to breed their own scum bag kids and so it goes on. I was in Tesco Express the other day and witnessed a couple of little ****s in hoodies trying to shoplift, could have only have been 13-14. The shop keeper threw them out, but they didn’t give a damn, zero respect. The parents probably have no idea what their ‘little angels’ are up to, probably too busy in the pub or sitting at home on their backsides. Some people really shouldn’t be allowed to procreate. 

While I was working in Singapore a young girl hit another girl in her class at school. ...... she was put on probation for six months and her parents went to jail for two weeks ... For failing to raise the child the correct way.

On the back of the seats in their Taxis are notices which read ..... YOU ARE NOT BORN A PARENT ATTEND EVENING CLASSES AND LEARN HOW TO BE ONE.

We have a lot to learn.

At my old address I repeatedly lost wing mirrors.  I had no option but to park on the street, on a bend where it was a bit narrow, so assumed it was just drivers squeezing by too close.  Then one day my neighbour opposite knocks on the door and says he was disturbed by an noise in the early hours (I sleep like the dead) and saw what happened.  A pimped-up little hatch drove slowly past, stopped about 50 yards down the street, and the passenger got out. Only a kid.  He apparently walked back up the hill  to mine, then worked his down again, karate-kicking mirrors off half a dozen cars, seemingly just for the heck of it.    My neighbour yelled out the window for them to foxtrot oscar and they scarpered. 

Copper comes round a day or so later (he looked about 12 but that's beside the point) and said I hoped they came back as I was going to get a good description next time.  He was aghast...
" Oh dont  go out there sir, anything could happen. There could be a few of them and it would only be their word against yours. They could say what they liked, that you had a metal bar or something"

So, I' m six foot three,  17 Stone, 40 years old and in the prime of my life, and I'm expected to hide indoors from a bunch of  15 year olds who've shared a White Lightning!.... This country is ******d.    

This actually reminds me i need to complain to the council.

I live in a nice quiet village (actually won best village award one year) mainly occupied by pensioners and farmers and for some reason they have been dropping community service workers on our private lane to sweep up leaves and put them in a big pile in some nearby woods. This has been a common theme for the past 5/6 weeks every saturday.

Now I know some folk may have made a little mistake to wind up doing community service but there will also be a fair share of scumbags. Why are they not doing community service in their own village, to save them embarrassment? Or is it human rights infringement or something ridiculous these days?

Instead there plonked in a very quiet area out of sight except for the occasional resident or dog walker, sweeping up bloody leaves. They should be litter picking, clearing dog muck up and being used for their manual labour capabilities to 'payback the community'.

They are always huddled in groups chatting and honestly wouldn't surprise me if plotting to do some local houses over if theres a few common thieves in the mix.

I just can't get my head around why they'd plonk them there, theres no litter, no vandalism no problems and literally no criminal activity, so what do they do? Plonk a load of criminals there to spice it up a bit.

Edited by Matty89

telling the wife about this, we had the washing machine fixed this week, anyway the fella is talking to Mrs mouce someone apparently was wandering around the close he lives on going up and down driveways checking garage doors and gates, went in his garage and walked away with his bike, all on CCTV so waiting on plod coming taking a look, scum everywhere.

21 hours ago, Dougy said:

I feel for you LG, I caught 2 brain cells checking out the cars down my road early one morning (I was actually lying in bed awake admiring a bit of work I'd just done on a bit of totty) heard a car drive down too slow,  rushed down stairs and grabbed a tool. Got out of the house and asked if they needed any help. 

They are simply down and out maggots that  need sorting one way or another. 

Nice offer Munzy

TMI on the totty lol but can't disagree with you.

1 hour ago, Matty89 said:

This actually reminds me i need to complain to the council.

I live in a nice quiet village (actually won best village award one year) mainly occupied by pensioners and farmers and for some reason they have been dropping community service workers on our private lane to sweep up leaves and put them in a big pile in some nearby woods. This has been a common theme for the past 5/6 weeks every saturday.

Now I know some folk may have made a little mistake to wind up doing community service but there will also be a fair share of scumbags. Why are they not doing community service in their own village, to save them embarrassment? Or is it human rights infringement or something ridiculous these days?

Instead there plonked in a very quiet area out of sight except for the occasional resident or dog walker, sweeping up bloody leaves. They should be litter picking, clearing dog muck up and being used for their manual labour capabilities to 'payback the community'.

They are always huddled in groups chatting and honestly wouldn't surprise me if plotting to do some local houses over if theres a few common thieves in the mix.

I just can't get my head around why they'd plonk them there, theres no litter, no vandalism no problems and literally no criminal activity, so what do they do? Plonk a load of criminals there to spice it up a bit.

Probably an equality issue?

Officialdom just giving them a larger area to harvest at little risk?

This type of extreme anti social behaviour can only  be prevented by a stiff and/or a painful deterrent.
One of them was used in the Isle of Man some time ago.
Unless people like this are punished instead of being given wishy-washy cautions and community service (which they will never turn up to)
this sort of behavior will continue.

Edited by das

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally bought a new tyre today! So have to take the wheel to the local fitters when I am off next week and get it changed over! Quite happy as all the other bits have arrived for it now too! So have the new calipers, pads and sliders to go on too. So that should effectively be the last thing it needs for some considerable time (I hope) :lol: 

Once it's sorted I have a few trips I need to make to drop off some Christmas presents still in the living room :yes: and catch up with friends! "See you soon Hawkeye" 

On 05/01/2018 at 15:31, krugerandsmith said:

While I was working in Singapore a young girl hit another girl in her class at school. ...... she was put on probation for six months and her parents went to jail for two weeks ... For failing to raise the child the correct way.

On the back of the seats in their Taxis are notices which read ..... YOU ARE NOT BORN A PARENT ATTEND EVENING CLASSES AND LEARN HOW TO BE ONE.

We have a lot to learn.

Be interesting to see how many who have replied here about birching etc have a clean sheet and there kids too?

It would also be interesting to see how many of the above tell people who are acting anti-socially in there local area that they are doing so? If you aren`t part of the solution you are part of the problem perhaps?

As others have said - shocking !

Our last home was on a quiet close with no through road.

Really nice and quiet for the first 12 years then a new estate was built which shared access off our entry road.

The new estate was ‘affordable’ housing and most of them were owned by a housing association.

I don’t have a problem with classes of people (I was born and spent 22 years of good life on a council estate) but as others have said some people simply should not exist.

Over the next 6 years vandalism / crime went up on our close -

From things like one 10 year old lad in a group of 4 playing knock a door and run (we all did that I know but he did it with stones) to finding an air pellet sized hole in the outer pane of a double glazed unit to having my then company car scratched and dented.

Money is always tight to most and our lovely close had quite a few pensioners in particular who simply could not afford to repair the damage caused to their properties and vehicles.

We are fortunate and have decent jobs / income so moved 3 years ago to a semi rural location and so far haven’t regretted the move, apart from losing contact with some very nice neighbours / friends - some we still catch up and they don’t tell good stories of the old estate.

ATB.

On every Police TV program I see, the criminals hate it when they get locked up in a police station over the weekend. (court on Monday)

They hate it because they have no TV / Radio or pool table and nobody to talk to. (and no access to drugs)

If they had to do the first 6 months of their sentence like this (or all of it) the reoffending rates would drop like a stone.

Edited by daveboy

On 21/01/2018 at 13:27, 12gauge82 said:

Glad you'e got a tyre sorted Mate, I can only add my sympathies for you, it really does make me angry when hard working people are targeted by others without morals, I really can't see things improving any time soon, I think the country needs to take a long hard look at how we do things.

Quite right IMPO, the problem being is that the politicians seem to like it as it is or they would change it?

Seemingly plenty to distract and harass the law abiding into submission for some reason that escapes my IQ level.

On a brighter note there are some brilliant innovative youngsters trying desperately hard to succeed.