Sporting tattoo's

Smokersmith

Just to see what folks have really ...

My wife has had a few tattoo's over the years, and I've never felt the urge to have any myself ... but after watching Vikings, my mind is beginning to turn.

I'm thinking about having a nice V of geese approaching across the shoulders, or a pack of grouse approaching.

Do any of the PW'ers have anything similar?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had  mine removed with laser surgery when it 1st come out.Best money I ever spent.Made the decision after a cycling holiday in Swiss Alps.Just felt embarrassd by the tattoo on my leg and ended up wearing leggings.It was the best day every when I could wear shorts again.

This is a subject that has been the cause of some of the finest PW gold ever seen.

For every half decent effort there have been dozens of rabbits in wonky crosshairs and ferrets that look like Zig and Zag or otters.

This should be worth a watch 

44 minutes ago, ips said:

ha, yes and especially on women.

ink Imo should remain a thing for sailors and inmates.

I will get my hard hat and my coat at the ready ? 

Lots of Inmates have the life style when they don’t expect to make old age ... 

the shared needles for prison tattooing probably doesn’t help! 

I have a whole host of different tattoos. Fifteen at last count. You can’t see any of them unless I’m in a short sleeved shirt though.

The only shooting related one I have is the Browning buck mark logo on my back with Celtic influences. I’ll try and work out how to post it if anyone is morbidly interested.

ABF77657-F0B5-4250-84C8-07D4C365F8D6.jpeg

I’ve had a few more since. That photo looks a tad fruity ?

I can understand maybe not liking some of your old tats any more, but unless you have a giant penis or similar tattooed on you somewhere, I can't understand being embarrassed by them. Sailors and inmates. Lol. Who's the stereotype - Someone with tattoos or someone who thinks like that?

I've got quite a few and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

whos-next-on-fingers-tattoo.jpg.e959b8efcc6e42709010362945c84ec0.jpg

And no, that isn't me. Love the question mark. :lol:

Edited by walshie

2 hours ago, ips said:

ha, yes and especially on women.

ink Imo should remain a thing for sailors and inmates.

I will get my hard hat and my coat at the ready ? 

Agree sailors years ago had them to make it easier to identify their bodies in the event of a shipwreck.  ....Now days a lot of shipwrecks walking around flaunting them.

54 minutes ago, walshie said:

. Sailors and inmates. Lol. Who's the stereotype - Someone with tattoos or someone who thinks like that?

my post was tongue in cheek. I don't give a flying doo dah what anyone does with there body, it matters not to me.  ?

but historically tattoos were only worn by sailors and folk of dubious character.....oops there I go again. But please note the following ? 

2 hours ago, CharlieT said:

My pal Nate had his name tattooed on his appendage and much to the amusement of his many conquests, when he had an erection it spelt Constantinople.

Not as blessed as the West Indian chap who was asked why he had WENDY on his ...

"it's not WENDY, but WElcome to jamaica, have a Nice DaY ....

If I remember right that's a Jim Davisdon one from about 35 years ago!

I keep meaning to get one, something traditional like an anchor or compass rose, or even a dragon like KGV. I think it's the amount of organisation and planning ahead; making an appointment, sitting still for 4 hours or whatever. I just don't seem to have the time.