Sporting tattoo's

Smokersmith

Over the next decade here in the UK were going to have some really really stupid looking OAPs 

what ever happened to just going out and buying a little sportcar ? instead of making your grandkids suffer the embarrassment of your mid life crisis .

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Well I would say that today the tattooed out number the non tattooed in the UK . 

So what's wrong with you guys without ? 

Your in a minority. 

Nearly Every one i know younger than say 45 has a tat. Children not included 

Cause I want be in the small minority that don’t look back when they’re older and think ‘why did I do it’. 

Where all young people are getting them and most look the same, I think it’s all a bit cringey and tacky now. It doesn’t set you apart from anyone. I can appreciate some of the artwork though.

Well personally I'm happy with the decisions I made years ago .and I expect I will  continue to be so .

There a quite a lot of tattoo programs on tv .It's common place and has nothing to do with standing out or being different .

Or being a rebel or something .I love seeing tats on older people i feel it shows courage and a comfort  in their own skin .

Cheers Ultrastu, you’d have thought at nearly 50 I should know better lol. I had the traditional dagger and proud to be British with Union Jack, from the garrison town local tattooist of the 80’s. The Essex contingent may well know of Dave Ross from Colchester 

Edited by Delwint

1 hour ago, stevo said:

Over the next decade here in the UK were going to have some really really stupid looking OAPs 

what ever happened to just going out and buying a little sportcar ? instead of making your grandkids suffer the embarrassment of your mid life crisis .

Im looking forward to all the pensioners with some ex birds initials tattooed on the neck ? always makes me smile when I see some proud youngen sporting it lmao 

1 hour ago, stevo said:

lol ?  

one of the engineers who use to work for me had his girlfriends name in Chinese writing on his firearm should of said vicky,  came in to work in a bad mood been in to his local Chinese takeaway they told him it was just random letters, went back to tattoo shop said it was up to him to research the right letters, was the standing joke at work for years :lol:

i only had a 3 on my arms when i was 16,never been embarassed or anything like that,was more embarassed to wear shorts showing off my artificial leg,but now its common place and i wear shorts when its warm,an dont give a stuff if people stare any more.mind you there didnt seem to be many amputees in 1971 when i had mine done.

If You want a tattoo get one, it's your body, and it's your choice.I spent many years in the Army and never got one, but years after leaving i got one to remind me of something that happened and to scratch the itch to have a tattoo. i have no regrets at all and smile when i look at the tattoo.

5 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Well I would say that today the tattooed out number the non tattooed in the UK . 

So what's wrong with you guys without ? 

Your in a minority. 

Nearly Every one i know younger than say 45 has a tat. Children not included 

Where do you live? 

I wonder if tattoos are more common in certain areas or social demographics ...  

2 hours ago, krugerandsmith said:

John.

Do you have chicken pox?   :lol:

Na my tattoo artist, had a heck of a job getting me to sit still lol.we could not make our minds up were to start . I said to her are you ment to throw the needles. Its rain drops reflecting of the window. 

They seem popular but very much within certain socioeconomic groups. But I will accept not exclusively sailors and convicts. 

Tattoos are often a good talking point and often quite interesting but I cant see myself self ever getting one, even something adequately concealable for work purposes. Far too unprofessional and would have a real danger of being career limiting. 

The guy begging outside the local supermarket has them....but so does the multi millionaire David Beckham and Angelina Jollie......so to which certain socioeconomic groups do you refer?

38 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

They seem popular but very much within certain socioeconomic groups. But I will accept not exclusively sailors and convicts. 

Tattoos are often a good talking point and often quite interesting but I cant see myself self ever getting one, even something adequately concealable for work purposes. Far too unprofessional and would have a real danger of being career limiting.