Sporting tattoo's

Smokersmith

I'm another had one after my dad passed away, just on my rib cage. Can't see it unless I'm swimming or topless, mostly so my kids would ask why its there.

think that troll tat is very funny, but when you see what some folk have done while drunk and abroad they must be nuts.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

The guy begging outside the local supermarket has them....but so does the multi millionaire David Beckham and Angelina Jollie......so to which certain socioeconomic groups do you refer?

Well, I wouldn't class them as examples of the upper echelons of society. One must not confuse breeding with money !!

4 hours ago, Wb123 said:

They seem popular but very much within certain socioeconomic groups. But I will accept not exclusively sailors and convicts. 

Tattoos are often a good talking point and often quite interesting but I cant see myself self ever getting one, even something adequately concealable for work purposes. Far too unprofessional and would have a real danger of being career limiting. 

Prince Phillip has tattoos. Edward VII had one.

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

Prince Phillip has tattoos. Edward VII had one.

They may well have done, but it has yet to alter the perceptions about tattoos with the people I work with. 

Given their apparent surge in popularity I reckon they will become universally acceptable in another generation or two. 

Ive got tattoos, so has my Mrs, mum, brother and sisters. Nothing wrong with em if you want them done. Getting another in the next few months. I have posted a pic on here a short while ago, I had an alice in wonderland with a twist done and love it. Had one done of my dog but it's his paw print with his face inside it. Will try and get pics up at some point if anyone is interested 

2 hours ago, Wb123 said:

They may well have done, but it has yet to alter the perceptions about tattoos with the people I work with. 

Given their apparent surge in popularity I reckon they will become universally acceptable in another generation or two. 

So come on then , who do you work for?

3 hours ago, figgy said:

I think the best way for tattoos is if they had ink that faded away over five or ten years. Then you could choose to have more or none if your thinking on tats changes.

That's a great idea! Invent it, patent it, and you could make a fortune!

Edited by panoma1

13 hours ago, welsh1 said:
16 hours ago, Wb123 said:

So come on then , who do you work for?

Probably a insurance salesman or estate agent, someone who looks down on you just because your caked in mud and dirt, when they don’t realise that you actually earn way more than they do. It’s a life choice you have them or you don’t. I do and am not ashamed to say so.

(not that there is anything wrong with any of the jobs mentioned, just an observation from experience) ?

Edited by Delwint
Added note