absolutely gutted

dead eye alan

It sounds like they knew what they were doing and intentionally left the ammo etc. 

“Too hot to handle” springs to mind. 

Probably just after valuables that are quick to get rid of. 

My condolences mate. Hope they find them! 

Just to add - when my family Home got done over the Police guesses who it was within minutes, went down there House and all our stuff was there. 

They must have done it to lots of people cos a group of blokes kicked the snot out of them not long after. I was only a child at the time although the Police brought it up years later when I applied for my tickets. 

Edited by Lloyd90

2 houses have been hit in my street in 6 months. I’m a little nervous as without sounding horrible, mines the nicest house on the street with the nicest vehicles etc( don’t take that wrong) 

im just off to try and finish my new front door in my workshop . 

People are scum and it’s habit to them to steal.

my mrs works in Aldi and she was telling me about a bloke stealing beer in his pocket . He then walked past my mums house and she pointed him out. We’ve know him 26 years and he was always selling stolen gear . He has 4 kids, house , good job etc and steals a £2 bottle of beer. 

They cant help themselves.

Edited by team tractor

That's awful. It's not a nice feeling knowing your sanctum has been breached. It has a very negative effect on many, and leads to then not feeling comfortable in their own homes any longer. These crimes have a very nasty effect on the victim not only loss of valuables, but the discomfort, and anxiety that it creates too. I wish there was a magic solution I could offer! But unfortunately we can only offer kind words! 

5 hours ago, panoma1 said:

These sort of crimes will never stop until the punishment is a deterrent! The perpetrators when convicted should be publicly humiliated perhaps by flogging in the centre of the local shopping mall!......I bet they wouldn't do it twice! 

A man after my own heart. 

Until we meat out such punishments there will be no solution.

These sort of crimes will never stop until the punishment is a deterrent! The perpetrators when convicted should be publicly humiliated perhaps by flogging in the centre of the local shopping mall!......I bet they wouldn't do it twice! 

Someone might get offended by such barbaric treatment, and we cant have that !
EU court would be rubbing its hands with glee too.
As in the fishing lake thread, it comes to something when 'polite' society is less concerned about the crime, and more about suggested solutions, because they may be too draconian.
My sympathies, its happened to me, many years ago now, horrible feeling.

not in this nanny state,it will never happen.

Very sorry to read this; its a terrible thing to happen and not easy to get over the 'invasion of personal premises' feelings.

I have to agree with those saying punishment needs to be much tougher.  We used to be quite a low crime area, but I have heard of a lot recently and the response seems to be to give you a crime reference number and tell you to claim.  If I had lost items of sentimental value that would make me even angrier.  A nice small item that belonged to (say) ones grandfather is not worth a mere £10 to a fence, or £30-40 it would make at a legit auction; its is priceless to the family with all the memories it holds.  Burglaries like this are horrible crimes and should have suitable punishments.

1 hour ago, TwoJackRussells said:

Can sympathize , last year had all of My 4 guns stolen whilst they were with my RFD for safe keeping! Made worse by the fact that my house/ contents insurance wont cover the loss and the RFD is a very good friend ...... difficult situation.  Life goes on..... at least my home wasnt broken into.......very unpleasant.

Surely the RFD has insurance to cover this.

Hi fella, Very good point! Don,t assume this like i did. RFD left guns in his workshop , he was not insured to store guns overnight at the workshop only at his home address/Armoury. More interesting than that is the view of my insurance company....... had i left the guns in my shed, or my car or at work they would have paid out BUT lodge your guns with an RFD as im legally obliged to and the guns are not covered!!!!! Its in the hands of solicitors and its unlikely i will win apparently........

When the mother in law got done I saw they made short work of the £60 safe I had put in. I can only assume they used a mini sledge and a chisel / bolster to get between the safe frame and door.

My Gun cabinet (like all Gun cabinets) is made of a similar construction and material and wouldn’t last 5 minutes up against brute force or a Makita battery disc cutter.

It’s a nightmare because plod said it’s very difficult to physically stop someone breaking into your house and the only think you can do is make your house less appealing to burgle than your neighbours (visibile Alarm, cctv, dog etc).

On 06/01/2018 at 00:50, dead eye alan said:

Got home from shopping tonight to find my house ransacked and burgled, my wife is devastated ime furious, guns still intact but home safe pulled out from wall and gone, gun safe top box opened but no ammunition missing.    

Very sorry to hear this.

Bit of update police on premises within 2 hrs,  insurance company have been fantastic, broken windows boarded up by 3am, all locks changed by sunday 2pm. Been all day today sorting passports, new gun safe, insurance details, estimates for repairs ect. Still got to list stolen items as they took the complete wall safe with a lot of sentimental stuff not been able to settle to this task yet. This will take us some time to get over. Thanks to you all for your kind words.