Fiochi cases

On 1/7/2018 at 18:07, 222mark said:

How many times can fiochi 12g cases be safely reloaded. I,ve found with .410 after a couple of times the brass parts company from the plastic. Cheers.

If reloading to get ideal loads, virgin loaded once and done, if trying to save money (clays) , have done cut downs, 3 inch to 2.5 with 12 bore and 3 to 2.75 to 2.5 for 410.

All reloaded cartridges, have both pre loading brass resizing and after loading full length resizing to prevent feed/ejection problems

Edited by Stonepark

2 hours ago, Continental Shooter said:

They should only be reloaded once as they lose height and strength when star crimped. Maybe twice if you roll crimp

Must admit, I often use my cases 3 or 4 times, as long as they are in good condition. Never noticed any problems.

Guest cookoff013
On 1/8/2018 at 23:24, motty said:

Must admit, I often use my cases 3 or 4 times, as long as they are in good condition. Never noticed any problems.

i never really thought about it until a few years ago, some guy wanted some once fired empties, i noticed some slight changes like the plastic thinning at about an inch in. 

to see it i`d have to hold it up to the light. but i was not using conventional loads, as i inevidable load  once and done.

People are free to believe what they want ... people believe in Gods, believe in ghosts, believe in politicians ...:lol: 

I believe in the exactness of science, in tangible, measurable and predictable events and this tells me that:

- every compound exposed to stress loses its property: a shell which is crimped and fired is exposed to numerous stressing factors

- every shell loses an amount of tube which can vary from 0.5 - 1 mm

- the lower the crimp the higher the pressure (using the same recipe); this is assessed to be on average 100 bar per mm 

I do my calcs, i get my conclusion; ans i provide an answer based on scientific evidence.

I am sure most of you would prefer go to a doctor than a witch doctor; would prefer to drive on a bridge built by engineers than cowboy builders ... so, not sure why on reloading there is so much reliance on guessworking :hmm:

but hey-ho; as i said ... it's a free world and every one is free to believe on what they see fit :friends: