country file / medical reports and linconshire

quentyn

just watching country file - apparently linconshire police are now taking the stance that they require a medical report for grants and renewals 

no medical report no FAC / SGC - no news on if GP's are standardised in their pricing or if they can charge what they want / refuse on moral grounds

Anyone here affected ? is BASC involved ?  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught the last 10 mins of the story. It seems the police force are freely ignoring the home office guidance and making up the rules as they fancy. I noticed a chap from the CA was on for comment but didn't see anyone from BASC, weren't BASC taking this further last year??

Edited by The_Engineer

My 2 cents worth is that medical reports from gp is not written into firearms order, its a local rule. A local rule wouldn't not stand up in court. Additionaly my understanding is that the police contact the gp re your application and if there is any concerns its for the gp to raise with the police. No need for a report. If you don't pay and the go doesn't reply the application should proceed. 

14 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Countryside alliance were on country file, saying their stance is, dont pay. 

But BASC And CA  DONT give me my ticket do they !

Edited by stevo

Dipstick interviewed bleated it's not fair, I paid the doctor demand, so everyone should....very helpful! When the home office guidance and with the agreement of the GP's representatives...........was for no charge for initial police enquiry!

Then the guy from the CA agreed on gunowners behalf to the effect that "we don't mind paying a reasonable fee, but it should be the same everywhere"........talk about surrender before the battle has started!

The copper they interviewed seems to think Lincolnshire police can ignore home office guidance and force gunowners to pay GP's a fee they are not entitled to! With the threat that if they don't pay and get a GP's report....gunowners will not be granted a certificate and will not have their certificates renewed!.......

This needs sorting and bloody quickly!............if neccesary via a judicial review!

12 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

Apparently in Lincolnshire if you don’t get a letter from your doc then you won’t get a licence or renewal, 

Thats from their head of firearms department who strangely  is a detective, not uniformed

That's not what the policy states and Lincolnshire head of firearms cannot make up the law hopefully one of the shooting organisations will challenge that in the courts.

1 minute ago, J D Hunter said:

It leaves people looking to renew in a very difficult position though if the police now take the stance that with no report they won't issue a new licence. An update from BASC would be good.

All the advice is don't pay.they say it is not the home office just local forces going it alone and not in line with government rules.so who is going to take this to the courts.basc.cpsa.c.a.i doubt it.and don't forget if you follow the organisations advice and no doctors report is forthcoming you will have to find a temporary home for your guns.it will make no difference to the forces involved.it needs sorting now before it gets totally out of hand.by all means make a report part of the process.and the applicant pay for same.but standardise the cost and make it so the doctor has to provide.regardless of their personal feelings on guns.the firearms rules of this country are falling into chaos and that is no way for guns to be regulated.

Edited by bostonmick
Predictive text error

Typical poor questions from BBC, why did he not ask the copper

1. You therefore know better tha the home office 

2. You are say that if a report is needed at every renewal, the reporting system does not work.

3. You are using blackmail to presure legal gun owner to pay unlimited bills to Gps 

5 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

All the advice is don't pay.they say it is not the home office just local forces going it alone and not in line with government rules.so who is going to take this to the courts.basc.cpsa.c.a.i doubt it.and don't forget if you follow the organisations advice and no doctors report is forthcoming you will have to find a temporary home for your guns.it will make no difference to the forces involved.it needs sorting now before it gets totally out of hand.by all means make a report part of the process.and the applicant pay for same.but standardise the cost and make it so the doctor has to provide.regardless of their personal feelings on guns.the firearms rules of this country are falling into chaos and that is no way for guns to be regulated.

But you cant make/force a doctor to give a medical report to say an applicant is fit to possess firearms.If the police want to go down this route then maybe they should have an independed medical board that works soley with the licencing department. Put the licence fees up to compensate the additional work.

Why do people keep looking to BASC ? ? There NOT gonna do anything just the same as the other orgs  . WHY ... cos they can’t . Blimey BASC are claiming an all out victory for getting the old wording changed on the SGC . Big deal is that really or should I say really worth all the time and effort for something that in real terms means actually nothing , there nothing more than a poxy insurance company along with all the rest. Just have a look for yourself s and see just how many victories they have fought and won on our behalf since the so-called handgun ban . 

Look at all the problems we as hunters and competitive shooters are facing at the moment , from just about evey conceivable

Angle , we are getting beaten and batterd . 

Then go have a look at the BASC website , NOTHING ..... just another day in paradise. As long as the membership numbers go up who cares , what a Bunch of ........... rymes with tankers