Best Flea treatment

popa bear

Help i have a working ESS dog he seems to have a recuring Flea infestation problem took him beating yesterday and have now found another loads of Fleas .We have used Frontline and Spot on previously .I know with working him he is vunerable to Fleas,.He lives in the house with two other dogs and all are treated and the house gets a treatment as well I want something that is long lasting not something i have to use week in week out Over to you the enlightened Thanks in advance 

Edited by popa bear

6 minutes ago, Dougy said:

It's very likely that you have fleas in the house or your dog's house. Getting rid  of the fleas on your dog alone is not enough.

If you read the post Dougy it says the dog is in the house and not in a kennel and all dogs and house is treated regularly so this is unlikely

So your ESS finds fleas while out working or training. 

Every month our 10 month pup has flea treatment from the vets during a puppy pack payment course. Can't remember the brand name but it's neither frontline or Spot-on. 

Treat the bedding again with a good spray. Fleas eggs can lie dormant for allot longer than you think

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Virbac-INDOREX-Indorex-Flea-Spray/dp/B00GKHI2PW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515356248&sr=8-1&keywords=flea+killer+spray

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Staykil-Household-Spray-500ml-Aerosol/dp/B0040XXX3E/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1515356248&sr=8-7&keywords=flea+killer+spray

I had a similar problem earlier in the year. I always used bayers advocate but changed to a cheaper spot on and got fleas. I gave my two mutts a dose of 4fleas tablets from pets at home and a good flea bath. Mine are out side in a run so treating the beds was easy. I've reverted back to bayers advocate and the fleas have gone.

they come in the house occasionally so I vacuumed everywhere, moved the sofas etc. Then got some long lasting spray and sprayed around the skirting boards etc. 

Problem solved. 

Edited by lister1

22 hours ago, rimmie said:

Advocate is brilliant, I use it in my springer.

Struggling to find Advocate will look for bayers advocate.Bravecto is prescription only and the vets won't give us a prescription so we can get it on line at less than half the price of the vet's grrrr looks like i will have to bite the bullet and pay vet's prices if i want Bravecto only seems to afect the springer not the terrier or german sheperd the missus keeps moaning and flea bombing the house .They seem to reappear on the springer after he has been out on a shoot perhaps it's the Diesel for men body spray he use's they like LOL

Unfortunately I have found all the non prescription anti flea meds to be ineffective this year, frontline is totally useless and most I have spoken with have found the same, advocate is working great for mine and I have been told good things about bravecto only issue I could see with bravecto is if you are unlucky enough to have a dog that gets a reaction to it, the drug stays in their system for such a long time, the reaction could take a long long time before it subsides, the plus side of bravecto is it lasts 3 months and will completely break the flea life cycle.

DO NOT USE Bravecto. I’ve moved back to England 2016 with a dog which we treated with this stuff. Three months later we had to put him down as he had massive internal organ failure. 

After that the missus who is Dutch started to see on Facebook in Holland that lots and lots of dog owners where having the same problem as we did. Vets where blaming Bravecto. On the Dutch tv there has even been programs about it and devastating effects it’s having on dogs and cats and they are calling for the government to ban it. It’s that bad. 

On 08/01/2018 at 18:03, popa bear said:

Struggling to find Advocate will look for bayers advocate.Bravecto is prescription only and the vets won't give us a prescription so we can get it on line at less than half the price of the vet's grrrr looks like i will have to bite the bullet and pay vet's prices if i want Bravecto only seems to afect the springer not the terrier or german sheperd the missus keeps moaning and flea bombing the house .They seem to reappear on the springer after he has been out on a shoot perhaps it's the Diesel for men body spray he use's they like LOL

Bayers advocate is vets prescription only.