Vote your Favourite Clay Shooting Ground

Mason4796

You can now vote for your favourite Clay Shooting Ground here - http://www.clay-shooting.com/nfsg/

Hazel Bank Shooting Ground in North Yorkshire gets my vote!!! I only tend to stick to the local grounds though, does anybody have some good local grounds that are worth a slightly longer drive to visit in the North or Midlands?

The grounds recommended above mostly look like pretty commercial grounds rather than the local shoots I think you were after. Of the same type of commercial grounds not far from Knaresborough are Coniston and Kelbrook for a completely different experience to Hazel Bank. When you go to Coniston, go early and spend the day.

Park Lodge for the good high birds and excellent facilities if that makes a difference for you.

Are you interested in smallish hay bailers held on Sundays around West Yorkshire?

6 hours ago, pjpj said:

The grounds recommended above mostly look like pretty commercial grounds rather than the local shoots I think you were after. Of the same type of commercial grounds not far from Knaresborough are Coniston and Kelbrook for a completely different experience to Hazel Bank. When you go to Coniston, go early and spend the day.

Park Lodge for the good high birds and excellent facilities if that makes a difference for you.

Are you interested in smallish hay bailers held on Sundays around West Yorkshire?

I must still try Coniston and Kelbrook, they both look great! I have been to Park Lodge which had some great stands and the facilities were great. 

I do quite like the smaller less commercial set ups too! My Brother and I tried Pine Wood near Gainsborough which was good fun! Not heard the term Hat Bailers before? is that the smaller independent set ups?

Kelbrook is stunning in the summer but possibly a nightmare if you have hayfever, a very unique ground.

Coniston have a lot of stands set in woods and have Skeet, DTL and trap too.

A lot of the small shoots are set up on farmland and only operate once or twice a month for a limited few hours. The major advantage of them is they are cheaper to shoot, a lot have Very cheap hot drinks and butties and involve less travelling. The possible disadvantage is it is ideal if you go with someone as they don't have the solo Claymate system and you must use fibre wads. I've always found a friendly group to shoot with if I've ever attended as Billy no mates.

Seriously though, get yourself to Coniston and Kelbrook ASAP. I doubt you'll be disappointed. 

I certainly will do (although armed with some Piriteze!) thanks for the advice! I have looked at some of the smaller shoots. I believe there is one near Tadcaster that meets every other week.

I have found Hazel Bank to be extremely well priced though so it is always a temptation to go there instead! 

when the weather brightens up I will certainly make the trip to Kelbrook and Coniston though!!

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 16:44, 100milesaway said:

Marne barracks is just up the road from  you and you would not be disappointed with the targets.  THere is a charity shoot there this Sunday with a £100 high gun prize. from Auntie.

Just to let all who attended know that the Shoot was a great success with 179 entries and £1200 raised for Charity.

This was after we had paid out £320 in cash across the different classes. The total raised is also set to go up slightly as we have received some of the cash winnings back from very generous shooters.

Hope to see some of you at our fortnightly Sporting Shoots. Fixtures are on our website: www.marneclayshoot.co.uk   

Edited by Northern Gunner

• 2 weeks later...