Police Interceptors - Channel5

ADT06

New Police Interceptors on Channel 5 tonight. S13 Episode 7. So the police decide to visit a house for reports of cannabis cultivation. Turn up, woman answers, they enter the property and almost immediately find a glass jar with a small amount of cannabis in it.

Knowing more will likely be around, the officer heads up into the loft and finds 3 small plants and a much larger already cultivated plant - probably missed a big grow/cultivation by a few days. However the more concerning thing was that prior to heading into the loft, the officer spotted a gun cabinet in the bedroom. Husband arrived back home and he is immediately put in cuffs until he very quickly calmed and understood the situation. 

Cabinet opened, and as expected it held 2 shotguns...but also a big tub of cannabis! The guy who owned the guns came across ok really, but I think everyone can agree that drugs and guns don’t mix. Needless to say guns were confiscated and his licence permanently revoked.

Just thought I would share this, as it’s pretty rare to see this type of thing on TV as it unfolds!

** Edit - perhaps when I said everyone can agree that taking drugs and guns don’t mix, I was wrong! But I suppose that’s what makes a topic like this interesting!

Edited by ADT06

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Rst1990 said:

Exactly, it could be for medicinal purposes.

He's a local dealer mate,right ****,couldnt believe he had certs.He's been pushing drugs for years.Just proves there's still wrong'ns manageing to get certs.They are not always illegal guns in their possesion.

Edited by Davyo

10 minutes ago, walshie said:

How do you know his licence was permanently revoked?

Commentary afterwards said his licence was permanently revoked. Think it goes without saying, and I would hope any gun owner caught growing drugs would never be allowed a gun again.

Basically he broke the law so will lose his tickets on the grounds he is not a reputable person.

This is very much like the thread about people "losing their tempers" and people saying 'oh come on, everyone loses their tempers, it shouldn't mean you lose your licence' etc.

Well its now starting to be very well documented that cannabis is used by millions of people around the world as a low side effect treatment of illness and pain. 

I do feel sorry for people with chronic pain, I had to take codeine etc for a pulled back for 2 weeks and was spaced right out. Would hate to be hooked on that stuff or Tramadol. 

As always, gun owners need to be 'whiter than white'. 

3 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

do you think it's safe for a drug user/dealer to have access to guns??

I absolutely believe that for a huge amount of recreational drug users that having access to a gun poses no greater threat than anybody else.

Obviously there are some instances where it isn't, but that is just as true for those that don't use drugs either.

7 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

do you think it's safe for a drug user/dealer to have access to guns??

What dangers do you foresee? 

Joe Rogan is a HUGE pot head - he recently took up hunting and is always posting now about either smoking pot or bow hunting and the wild game meat he eats ... 

Is he a danger to the public? 

Just now, Davyo said:

Do people seriously think its acceptable for a cert holder to be a 'recreational drug user'

Why shouldn't it be?  To give a direct answer, yes, I think it is acceptable for many who engage in recreational drug use could also quite safely own and use a gun and present no greater risk than those who don't partake in any drug use.

Try and be objective in your answer.

7 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

No I don’t. I despise drugs.

I'd be more worried about people who drink a shed load of beer and drive home than someone who smokes a joint on the weekend and goes clay pigeon shooting or similar. 

Which is a bigger risk to the public? 

6 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Why shouldn't it be?  To give a direct answer, yes, I think it is acceptable for many who engage in recreational drug use could also quite safely own and use a gun and present no greater risk than those who don't partake in any drug use.

Try and be objective in your answer.

Id like to see the rection on your FEO's face when you tell gim that one.So if yoj knew a cert holder that was using drugs are you sating you wouldnt shop him/her?

6 minutes ago, Davyo said:

Id like to see the rection on your FEO's face when you tell gim that one.So if yoj knew a cert holder that was using drugs are you sating you wouldnt shop him/her?

If Dave my FEO wants to have a chat woth me about my thoughts on this he is very welcome.

Are you suggesting that having an onjective and reasonednopinion should preclude someone from shooting as well?

Your questions needs a bit more qualification, however if you mean if I thought someone was under the influence of drugs at the time they were shooting, in that case I would ask them to stop shooting, same as I would if someone was drunk or even just acting like a ****.

If you meant that if I knew someone had an occasional puff of weed, but they are sober/straight whilst shooting then I really don't care.

Can you answer my question from my last post now?

Oops I misread your question, would I shop someone that I knew who smoked a bit of weed, but otherwise is a safe and responsible used of a gun? No i wouldn't.  Why should I? 

Edited by grrclark

3 minutes ago, Davyo said:

Tell him what exactly? 

If you said to your FEO "I believe that the approach to drugs in this country is outdated, in effective and doesn't help anyone" he'd have a funny look on his face? I imagine he would considering its a very off topic conversation and he'd wonder why you brought that up :lol: 

Have you personally reported each gun you say have more than 1-2 drinks after a shoot day, or even worse on a shoot day during the lunch? 

3 minutes ago, Davyo said:

Yes but not illegal recreational drugs, its not about legal drugs.

So you'd have no problem with an avid hunter from California, someone who smoked cannabis and enjoyed deer hunting or wild fowling, this person would be fine.

But the same person living in the UK would be a danger to the public? or not?