British Shooting Show

GREENGRASS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, arm3000gt said:

I've never been before are there bargains to be had? Or is it like many shows where the stall holder has to pay out so much to be there, they can't discount too much.

Although you've not been before you do seem to have a fair grasp of the situation.

The Shooting Show and the majority of the Game and Country Shows seem to charge the "exhibitors" so much that to recoup the outlay "show Specials" are vitually non existent these days.

Factor in the cost of your travel and the entrance fee and you would have to find a massive saving to still be ahead of the game.

Probably go Friday. It's even closer to me than Stoneleigh. I don't normally do shows having spent so many hours manning stands, but I did go last year and it was a change not to have the place full of saturday market sellers. All something to do with shooting.   If you live further away then as said a truck load is the way to go.

On 03/02/2018 at 08:39, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Although you've not been before you do seem to have a fair grasp of the situation.

The Shooting Show and the majority of the Game and Country Shows seem to charge the "exhibitors" so much that to recoup the outlay "show Specials" are vitually non existent these days.

Factor in the cost of your travel and the entrance fee and you would have to find a massive saving to still be ahead of the game.

If I can get a day pass from the wife I will attempt to go, even if it is just to experience it and come away with nothing.

We will be going as this is the only show we go to that hasn’t been ruined by all the market traders selling tat but that said It as now moved to the nec so that could all go out the window. I just hope the traffic is moving because every time I drive past the nec when there is something good on the roads are gridlock for miles. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

If your there on Friday and see a grumpy old bloke with white hair and a sore thumb, say hello.

That could be anyone. But I'll say hello to a load of grumpy blokes anyway. 

So if someone comes up to you and says hello wearing a bright pink jacket and a Yellow Fedora with tight leather trousers on, that will be me. 

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

That could be anyone. But I'll say hello to a load of grumpy blokes anyway. 

So if someone comes up to you and says hello wearing a bright pink jacket and a Yellow Fedora with tight leather trousers on, that will be me. 

Damn it! I was going to wear the same outfit. I'l have to change.