British Shooting Show

GREENGRASS

I enjoyed my day there today, got my Meindle boots I wanted and my mate got a good deal on a left handed Franchie Affinity, also a pair of camo trousers for £10 and a bar to hang Muntjac from for £10 also I got myself sorted with a nice pair of teague chokes. I did pay for a loaded burger and a pork pie with apple sauce on top but knew what to expect so I enjoyed my day.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was apprehensive after the negative comments.

Breakfast at Weatherspoons and in at 0900.

Great time, got some good bargains.

Got my hands on a Remington V3 and extremely impressed but at £1k, I will not be buying one till the price is more realistic.

Got a bit busy about 1230 but had seen enough by then.

Thoroughly brilliant day ?

You bought an aimcam? Didn't they tell you they are releasing a new, much better one in a month?

In a text book case of the Osborne Effect the CEO told me that the new one would be a lot better, smaller, better battery life, would have 8mp sony sensor, less rollerblind effect. Available in a month.

Therefore, guess what? I didn't buy the exiting one whole 2 minutes ago I was almost tempted to bag one at the show price...

Went there yesterday with the expectation of not seeing much in the way of bargains but I wanted to have a chat with the guys at Form Rifle Stocks, as expected not many deals to be had, in fact most reloading\bullets are cheaper in my local dealers but there were a few bargains if you were in the market for shooting clothes, I finally got around to buying some molded ear plugs and a few other bits, the savings made pretty much covered the cost of the ticket.

Bumped into the guys in one of my local shops who were just there to have a look around (didn't have a stand), oddly got chatting about a rifle I want and bought one off them lol

Overall it wasn't a bad day out, I think the internet has killed off the bargains which they were once known for (found the exact same thing at the motorbike show too), but would probably go again.

Never been to the Northern shooting show yet though so may go there too and see how it compares.

Deker

Had a good enough day there yesterday with a mate, but was disappointed to see how many traders they'd rented stands to were anything but shooting IMO. Could have bought plenty of shoes, handbags, posh booze or copper bracelets but I actually went for shooting stuff !

Ended up filling my ticket with well priced rifle ammo in the end and consequently saved more than it cost to get there and to get in on that alone.

As above .. If they start charging for parking as well as entry it won't be worth the trip to me if for no other reason than the principle of the thing, but all in all it was a good day out.

Edited by Longstrider

I found the show very disappointing! Not a patch on the Northern shooting show which boasts outdoor traders, more choice for food, clothing and other bits and bobs.... and a clay line out doors!

I won't waste the petrol to go back again, everything on offer I could have fairly easily picked up online or at my local RFD and far too busy to really make the most of the event....I think we need to see more space and more variety...! 

For those of you that can get to it, visit the Northern Shooting Show in May 2018, much better than BSS!!