DENTIST

mossy835

1 hour ago, Medic1281 said:

Trying to get emergency appointment at the mo. Face is swelled and throbbing. Antibiotics and ibuprofen not touching it. It’s nearly impossible around here if you’re not registered! 

i was on ibuprofen for a week befor i got in today, they worked ok for me, and my face was swelled up.going down now

5 hours ago, Medic1281 said:

Trying to get emergency appointment at the mo. Face is swelled and throbbing. Antibiotics and ibuprofen not touching it. It’s nearly impossible around here if you’re not registered! 

I find soluble Codis - 2 works wonders for the pain.  Obviously only do that for max 3 days.

2 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

I’ve managed to get an appointment for tomorrow, had to go private though. To be honest I’d pay anything to get rid of this pain!

I have been in the same boat in the past, when they give you that anaesthetic and the pain just flows away it's an amazing thing. Hope tomorrow comes quickly for you.

19 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I pay £20 a month and never have to worry. Have been private dental for last 10 years and won' go back to nhs. 

Is that just through a local practice or is it Denplan or similar?this is the route I’m looking to go once sorted. 

7 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

Take the pain dentists are the devil!

That’s why it’s got so bad. A previous bad experience and me being a big girl about it has led to the problems I’ve got now. 

1 hour ago, mossy835 said:

how did you get on.

Met the dentist, (she’s lovely ❤️!) very good for nervous patients! She gave some more appropriate antibiotics, had a look and said she couldn’t drain it. So I came home with another appointment for next week, and a desire to go! 

However in this last 10 minutes the abscess has popped on its own. It tastes and smells disgusting, but OMG the relief was instant!!