Thank you Fiskars/Gerber....

moor man

Spent a while servicing my Gerber MP600 multitool last night as it was seized up with crud and impossible to open. I  was niggled by the broken blade (been like it for years)

I tried several years ago to make a lifetime warranty claim with Whitby (I think) who managed the gerber warranty.....no joy.

So last night I googled Gerber warranty and discovered it is now run by Fiskars UK. I would have been happy with a replacement blade but they don't do repairs or spares in UK for some reason, however..... 

Today......One or two emails later they have agreed to send me a replacement MP600 and allowed me to keep my old one for sentimental reasons........Thank you Fiskars and Gerber!...Excellent customer service?20180110_123424-1-1.jpg.859d6f596166642b19af666a3ab44fae.jpg

Credit where its due......

That’s good news. I have a leatherman and the warranty was supposed to very good until Whitney knives took on the Uk warranty and everything I’ve read is they just fob folk off. In America even if you break it doing things you shouldn’t they fix of replace them. 

On 13 January 2018 at 17:24, figgy said:

That’s good news. I have a leatherman and the warranty was supposed to very good until Whitney knives took on the Uk warranty and everything I’ve read is they just fob folk off. In America even if you break it doing things you shouldn’t they fix of replace them. 

I had no problem with Whitby, my Leatherman of 13 years offshore use, no receipt, and a broken blade was swapped for a new model with no complaints at all.

mike

I have a Leatherman Charge TTi - and something mechanical (to do with interlocking blades?) broke inside and fell out.  Replaced no problems.  Not sure if that was Whitby or Leatherman UK as it was a couple of years ago, but whoever did a very good quick service.  The tool was about 4 or 5 years old at the time I think.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...