"im mainly......"

ditchman

im mainly back in the shed after a self imposed exile..................i do apologise to anyone i have upset during my previous existance..........

so you will have to put up with my poor spelling...and rubbish posts again  and aruldite comments...........

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Great stuff, what have you been up to then?

all this xmas stuff and the bloody insesant adverts about "the perfict xmas"....and borrow lots of money to make it special...you have people going around being nice to you...when the rest of the year if they saw you on the side of the road on fire ....they wouldnt even stop to wee on you...............

i just wasnt in a good place...so i thought i would go for a while........................been thinking about forging a knife recently ...in the spring using a flowerpot charcoal forge.....

so watch this space.........:good:

Good to have you back, I feel the same about the 'festive season',I think its an age thing but in particular how the 'tat' sold around this time of year just seems to be such poor quality , trimmings that tear as you try to put them up, crackers that dont crack and have some obscure bit of plastic inside, tree lights that fail after a couple of days,etc etc,

A friend of mine makes 'blades' of all kinds using old car leaf springs , he goes around farms and scrap yards scrounging old springs , then cuts and forges them into some amazing shapes , (he is a blacksmith by trade), apparently the spring steel in these springs is ideal for getting a good 'edge'.:good: 

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

all this xmas stuff and the bloody insesant adverts about "the perfict xmas"....and borrow lots of money to make it special...you have people going around being nice to you...when the rest of the year if they saw you on the side of the road on fire ....they wouldnt even stop to wee on you...............

i just wasnt in a good place...so i thought i would go for a while........................been thinking about forging a knife recently ...in the spring using a flowerpot charcoal forge.....

so watch this space.........:good:

You are so out of touch!

Everybody is making knives, have a look for Walker570s wonderful offer!

19 minutes ago, JDog said:

A resurrection indeed. Shall we call you Jesus?

the 2nd coming my boy.....................:lol:..."and the lord said unto moses..."come forth"......but he came fifth and lost his tobacco money"

53 minutes ago, old'un said:

Welcome back :friends:will be nice seeing your avatar on the boards again and making the forum more interesting.

Will the knife be Damascus?

yup...high carbon steel inner with lower carbon steel outer (spine)..deer antler handle rear and front brass.....copper and brass rivets..............

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

the 2nd coming my boy........................"and the lord said unto moses..."come forth"......but he came fifth and lost his tobacco money"

yup...high carbon steel inner with lower carbon steel outer (spine)..deer antler handle rear and front brass.....copper and brass rivets..............

love Damascus steel, will look forward to that one.:good:

18 minutes ago, old'un said:

love Damascus steel, will look forward to that one.:good:

wont be "true" damascus.........my skill set wont go that far...........im not twisting and folding it only having to throw it away 'cause ive burnt it......i will use charcoal as it is nice and clean...and if i put my sun glasses on i will be able to see the steel "wettern" up...and not over heated....want something very durable and functional....i will leave "pretty" to the professionals...

35 minutes ago, Harnser said:

Welcome back .  If you want to sell the knife I could well be interested .always wanted a nice hand forged knife .

Harnser

"never sell a knife...must always be given in friendship"...otherwise bad luck......so if it is any good you may have it.......................