Holts Sealed Bid Auction

Matty89

Did anybody place any sealed bids?

Just looking through as some of the prices are beginning to roll in and awaiting to see if I win any of my Cartridge Lots as I'm interested in beginning to collect older cartridges.

Did really fancy the converted Lee Enfield .410 but without seeing it I couldn't.

Secretly hoping now I only win a couple as I got carried away during the festivities whilst placing bids and entered sealed bids on about 20 lots. :no:

Edited by Matty89

21 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Yep ... put in for some non-tox and other shells ... will see how it goes, could be an expensive day tomorrow!!

Was wondering when I would find out as it's my first sealed bid with Holts.

All of my 'active bids' which were previously there a couple hours ago have vanished from my account and there is nothing in the 'auction purchases' section. I'd assumed i'd been unfortunate enough to win nothing but will keep an eye on it in that case.

I got my invoice to, some people must have either forgot the buyers premium or happy to spend a bit more.

I only won one lot and I didn't mean to submit the price I did so overpaid I think.

Something different to display though.

Eley War Issue 12ga Smokeless Paper Case Cartridges

11 hours ago, Matty89 said:

I got my invoice to, some people must have either forgot the buyers premium or happy to spend a bit more.

I only won one lot and I didn't mean to submit the price I did so overpaid I think.

Something different to display though.

Eley War Issue 12ga Smokeless Paper Case Cartridges

I think a lot of folk must forget the premiums etc. I had bids on 2 items. 1 needed parts to complete.  By the time you added the cost of parts (even as trade cost) it would have been cheaper to buy the Item from a dealer and save the bother of rebuilding at the price it went for.  The second I can walk into the local gunshop and get the equivalent at the same price or lower.

Go figure.  

Edited by Paul1440

I've only bought once but it was a good experience. I was interested in a Lee Enfield SMLE. I bid £115 and got it. Locally I was asked £800 for one. I rang Holts who went and got the rifle and described it over the phone. I was happy. When I got the gun the front sight was loose and was replaced by me. I would not have expected Holts to notice that.  I was emailed immediately by them a bit like eBay. 

On 1/12/2018 at 23:26, rovercoupe said:

Im heading from leeds to collect a few air rifles on monday so if anyone wants anything collecting i can bring them back with me.

bought myself a nice bsa superstar, I allways wanted one as a yoof and now have one!

Wish i had seen this thread earlier, paying the extortionate postage now.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I enjoy open auctions where your scanning the half nods, winks and ear scratching to see who's bidding.

Thrapston used to be a good one, is it still run?  Bought my Remy1100 16gauge from there, the other bidder was stood right infront of me:yes:;)

If you talking about Southams it is now run at Peacocks Auction House in Bedford . 

Feltwad

The Christmas period Holts sealed bid is always a dangerous auction for me. I as fortunate only two of my bids came through. A boxed Baikel target pistol complete with "Made in USSR" instruction booklet and a Winchester Model 50. The Model 50 failed to sell in the last auction and went in again this time. I had a look at it in the December viewing and it looks barely used and is built like a semi-auto Model 12, "like a tank" etc. I dated the serial number to 1954.