Sign in to follow this  
crowcaller

Crows

Went to feed a duck pond after  the freeze  and put out some fox bait ,was looking for some pigeons  on stubble that they have been o  for a couple of months now, walked a  couple of hundred off parked up and after half hour none had come back but noticed  a flight line of crows to another stubble  so set up at the only oak Tree in the field , had jackdaws rooks and carrion coming over but reluctant to come to decoys  as with  no wind but a very cold day I was taking birds at good range and shot some very good birds  as I added the dead I got more response and some did decoy if I had set up earlier  I would have had  a lot more  but it was 1 30  before I started and shot til, 3 15  when it went quiet picked 35 mixed corvids  and one pigeon  it was very enjoyable  though to out wit the crows. 

So devoid of birds on my perms, I'm almost tempted to shoot my decoys 😀 Good report for an excellent few hours crow busting by the sound of it.

7 hours ago, getthegat said:

So devoid of birds on my perms, I'm almost tempted to shoot my decoys 😀 Good report for an excellent few hours crow busting by the sound of it.

So you must be suffering from lackofpigeonitis!:rolleyes: