Wintery Rough Shooting

ollie

Some nice dog work and nice shooting but i stopped shooting woodcock years back i just like woodcock to much as well as hares so decided if came across any i wouldn't put the gun up But thats just me ollie not judging you by no means woodcock here in N Ireland have been plentiful

On 14/01/2018 at 16:07, Big Al said:

Great shooting Ollie. I shot my first woodcock yesterday in about 5 years. We do get plenty but as we have plenty of people around it can be hard to get a safe shot.

Something nice about shooting woodcock in the snow.

Thanks Al. Yes shooting in snow is brilliant, especially woodcock.

On 14/01/2018 at 20:25, Cranfield said:

Thats a nice bag in those conditions, never an easy bird to shoot, they just love to stick close to the contours, whether it be the landscape, or the tree line.
Also masters of the backdoor escape.

The background scenery was even more impressive with a covering of snow.
Thanks for posting.:good:

Thanks Cranfield. Yes, lovely countryside and we've had plenty of snow this winter. 

On 14/01/2018 at 21:26, Gerry78 said:

Some nice dog work and nice shooting but i stopped shooting woodcock years back i just like woodcock to much as well as hares so decided if came across any i wouldn't put the gun up But thats just me ollie not judging you by no means woodcock here in N Ireland have been plentiful

I respect that. Like you I don't shoot hares, but I still like a rough shooting outing at woodcock.

On 15/01/2018 at 15:58, welshgun said:

Fine shooting again Ollie.. enjoyed that nothing better than the rough shooting on the woodcock a very testing bird indeed. 

Testing bird & great work for the dogs. Something exciting about the flush & waiting to see where the bird will appear.

On 17/01/2018 at 16:04, 7daysinaweek said:

Some lovely ground that!

atb

7diaw

Thank you