Calling Pinkfeet

Dave at kelton

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

I don't know if you can get them now, as the maker Eddie Nixon passed away last year....but his 'Solway Calls' website is still on the net.....I have a few goose calls........but this is my go to call!

Thanks I will have a look and see if they stilling making calls. I found one of his videos after posting and it looked/sounded an impressive call.

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Thought I'd put it here ... I was in Norfolk on Wednesday and went out for a meal. On returning to our B&B, as my wife got out of the car she suddenly said "Whats that".  She had never heard that music coming from the sky before. We stood in the pitch dark for a minute or two and listened. Brilliant

I never tire of the sight, smell and sounds of the marsh, the skeins calling as they fly out to their feeding grounds in the early morning or as they flight under the moon.......stirs the soul!

I swear by my old  OLT L22 , no longer made, but they still come up for sale ,   If my memory is correct, when Olt stopped production Eddie Nixon started up on his own, as he worked with Olt. I never owned a Sollway Call, but friends used them with me, and they are a very good call.

Bill

12 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

There's always the option of shouting them yourself .....  will work on a certain %age of 'em.

Heard plenty of shooters shouting at em on the Wash during moon flighting......I reckon it just confuses the geese, rather than attracts em! Lol!