Plastic

krugerandsmith

I am a little miffed by this future legislation, and wonder where i fit into these plans. I drink on average 5-6 cold drinks every day. I don't drink booze beer, wine, tea, coffee etc just cold drinks. I already recycle all my waste into the correct boxes given to my by the local authority so why should i have to pay extra and then have the inconvenience of taking my bottles back to wherever i bought them to get money back when i would have recycled them anyway.......The worlds gone mad. from Auntie,.

New sound bite politics from spineless May who to be seen to do something ,that carp that washes up is well travelled carp from Asia .The Chinese have banned importing used plastic for recycling so the world has just done a group plop in panic.Plastic is easy peasy recycled ,plastic cups and paper cups are easy but combi cups plastic liner paper outer are scrap as u cant separate them .

Why do firms use millions of cups for water dispensers ,why cant you take your own cup mmmm and remember plastic is made from oil that there stuff that costs lots and lots and is not so good for the planet .

You ban plastic emm lets see now didnt we growing up get paid to take pop bottles back ,wasnt milk delivered in glass bottles which got washed and used and used again and again .

Time to put a quick buck to bed and think what world our grandkids should inherit ,a user friendly world where coffee comes in a paper bag and goes in your coffee jar,Milk comes in a bottle made of glass ,fruit and veg dont get smothered in polythene but a recyclable paper bag is used .Not rocket science is it our mums and dads had these things as kids 

11 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

I am a little miffed by this future legislation, and wonder where i fit into these plans. I drink on average 5-6 cold drinks every day. I don't drink booze beer, wine, tea, coffee etc just cold drinks. I already recycle all my waste into the correct boxes given to my by the local authority so why should i have to pay extra and then have the inconvenience of taking my bottles back to wherever i bought them to get money back when i would have recycled them anyway.......The worlds gone mad. from Auntie,.

Because it's easier and cheaper for governments to make everyone pay than go to the expense of catching the real polluters!

Once again demonstrating......there is no benefit or advantage to be gained from being law abiding!:no:

11 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

The short answer Auntie is because the ones dishing out the penalties know who you/we are and the real offenders are anonymous so untouchable?

Hey Ho, down we go?

As B725 post.  Before multi national drinks companies wiped out local soft drink manufacturers all glass bottles had a returnable deposit on them, likewise your screw top cairy oot when pubs closed a 10pm an thirst remained.    These bottlers fitted into appropriate sized crates, wood initially - later plastic.  So a lorry delivered full crates of beverages  and picked up crates of empties, to be washed and re-used..  Its so simple, its basic recycling, many a  5 packet of woodbine were purchased by juvenile tobacco addicts from the return sale of empties.  Every one a winner including the environment.

Blackpowder

All threads so wise here. A lot of places sell loose mushrooms for instance and paper bags to put them in, why when buying other loose veg, do they supply plastic bags? Surely carrots, broccoli, sprouts, spuds etc don't mind going in paper? They want us to cut down the plastic and loose veg is one small way to do your bit; give us paper bags. As mentioned, it's us that are told to "do our bit" but the big coffee chains and the like, who add greatly to the government coffers carry on with the same old planet distroying money making game. If we want a better place for our future generations, don't give us laws, make the company's change and if it takes 1/2 an hour longer to do your shopping, is this such a big deal, the world is too damn fast anyway. As for nuclear bombs testing..... well I've no idea how this could be stopped. Maybe that nice Mr Trump fellow has an idea??

Why should the general public pay any plastic packaging levy? we have never had a choice as to what packaging goods and produce come in! this is decided by the producers/ retailers/manufacturers.....for their convenience/profit....therefore it is they that should pick up the cost of cleaning up this mess.

8 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Why should the general public pay any plastic packaging levy? we have never had a choice as to what packaging goods and produce come in! this is decided by the producers/ retailers/manufacturers.....for their convenience/profit....therefore it is they that should pick up the cost of cleaning up this mess.

This is 100% right :good:

10 hours ago, panoma1 said:

The manufacturer should do it of course. They are not charities and they will pass the cost onto us. It's right that we should pay for and clear up our own mess, not expect others to do it for us. 

We just need the means to be able to do it. Paper bags at supermarkets for fruit and veg seems like a no brainer.