Well thats that then.

lancer425

Parked my little Kangoo van up same place it stands nearly every day down at the farm ,  went off in the wagon 2 hours latter gets a phone call n my uncle the geriatric old Gentleman  that he is had only gone and hit it with the fork lift.

Side door and cill area back 18 inches passenger door wont shut, so i scrapped it this morning  .

I have got used to the economy of this van, and the room , not sure what to buy now, i think i want another 4x4 got to be diesel thinking old rav 4 or xtrail, or any other options  i have overlooked, a grand 1500 is all i want to spend so older cheaper options only. i want a 2litre or 2.2litre not atypical 2.5 or 3.0 terranos  etc. i like terrano size japs  but want a more economical lighter duty type 4x4. Any ideas  please . ? 

Edited by lancer425

Those Terano commercials 2 doors van, are close but i want something in the lighter type 4x4.  as you say connect size 4x4 would be perfect.

.I think i am going to have to give up on the space and practicality of the van, and just go with a  suv 4x4likeaxtrail or arav 4 or kia sportage hundai touson some car like those.

Never had a kia or hyondai are they ok when they get some age on them? or do i need to stick with A RAV 4 .CRV. xtrail  the japs.  . ?

14 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Mitsubishi outlander commercial??

I will have a look at them, are they in my price range?

Had a quick look  at the outlanders they are too new too expensive for me.

Edited by lancer425

Suzuki Grand Vitara might fit the bill. 4 on autotrader in diesel between £1000 and £1500. Lot more if you want to go a spot higher and maybe haggle the price down.

If you want, you could take the back seats out and black the rear windows and make it into a van.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

I see the grand vitaras, are they using the  2.0 HDI peugeot Citroen diesel. ?

I am not wanting to pay more than 1500 max, in fact i would rather get something £1000 if i could, at the moment the xtrail is looking the most practical with the Rav 4 another slightly less roomy option.

24 minutes ago, johnnytheboy said:

They did a 4x4 kangoo 

But rare, and out my price range no doubt, and i was not that much in love with the kangoo anyway, sure it was practical roomy for a small van and economical comfortable etc, but even when you take all the  good points in to account it was still just a van like any other, i did only get stuck in it once in a gate hole which was my fault, but now i am in the market for another vehicle i may as well get an old 4x4. Vans are not cheap compared to old 4x4s finding a cheap genuine xtrail or rav4 will be the challenge.

seen a few Rav 4son ebay 750 to 1500 the second generation with D4D engines in them look respectable could be worth having a look at, one in yorkshire not too far away interests me.  

Well i think i am sorted via a mate his relations car , 57 plate 08 xtrail 170 hp 2.0 diesel 135k miles been owned by an old dear who got it at 6 months old who bred dogs, car is quote filthy inside  but looked after had a clutch at 116k.

scrape on passenger front door tested june 2018 £1100.

She told him she gets 45MPG  does that sound about right ?

My 136bhp xtrail round the doors did high 20’s

On a run just under 40

the older (03, 112bhp) 35 round town and 45 on a run,

That’s a bargain at that price and should be bought, you could tidy it up and sell it for a good profit then use that for a different truck but I would keep the xtrail ?

:shaun:

10 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Well i think i am sorted via a mate his relations car , 57 plate 08 xtrail 170 hp 2.0 diesel 135k miles been owned by an old dear who got it at 6 months old who bred dogs, car is quote filthy inside  but looked after had a clutch at 116k.

scrape on passenger front door tested june 2018 £1100.

She told him she gets 45MPG  does that sound about right ?

I have the 2005 2.2 dci X-Trail, with 136 bhp, i'm very pleased with it. I get around 40 mpg on average, and a little more if i'm not too hard on the pedal.

James

I bought the xtrail 57 plate 08, 170bhp 2litre, been a dog carrier filthy in the back some interior chew damage tail gate trim and exterior dirty but apart from slight scuff front bumper edge a 6 inch area of deep paint gouging lower passenger door area it is ok for what i want to do with it. .

A darkish silver looks presentable, old lass replaced it with a nissan Note.

Two owners on xtrail  Happy with it at £1100 i was going to bid her a grand but when it came to the crunch i did not have the heart too, i think its ok, genuine enough car if i can keep my uncle away from it with the fork lift i might even get some service out of it. :lol:

Least i got a car to Finnish the fowling season off,  and a trip up the northern firths Wednesday for a few days that will give it a decent run.

170bhp ? it felt quickish smoother than i imagined and comfy seats,  cruise control is nice and compared to the old kangoo its positively plush.

Time will tell just hope it holds it together  for a couple of years. :hmm: