Well thats that then.

lancer425

2 minutes ago, thepasty said:

Some versions were fitted with the ford/mazda 2.0 L RF/RFM I4 engine, I'd avoid the french engines versions like the plague!

We hada2002 2.0 hdi Citroen picasso ten years ago now when kids were little it was ideal we got that to 300k miles and the car was faultless.

Did they lack torque in the 4x4 was was that the problem. 

On 1/14/2018 at 11:10, lancer425 said:

But rare, and out my price range no doubt, and i was not that much in love with the kangoo anyway, sure it was practical roomy for a small van and economical comfortable etc, but even when you take all the  good points in to account it was still just a van like any other, i did only get stuck in it once in a gate hole which was my fault, but now i am in the market for another vehicle i may as well get an old 4x4. Vans are not cheap compared to old 4x4s finding a cheap genuine xtrail or rav4 will be the challenge.

seen a few Rav 4son ebay 750 to 1500 the second generation with D4D engines in them look respectable could be worth having a look at, one in yorkshire not too far away interests me.  

I would still have my diesel 05 Rav 4 if I hadn't sold my house and bought a  Hi Lux. Great vehicle, got anywhere on the shoot, back seats come out for extra load space (24 full body goose decoys, dog and kit), not to bad a juice, comfortable drive.

We have a Rav 4 and they are a good mix of 2 wheel drive and 4x4 when needed. This keeps running costs down when on the roads. The best engine is the 134bhp 2.2ltr. they do do 180bhp but running costs are higher. They also do a 2ltr but this again isn't so good as it is underpowered. 

I do believe there is also a petrol version as well and I would imagine this would be cheaper than the diesel.

My wife is not the best at driving economically and she gets 43mpg out of hers.

Edited by rob-d

I MIGHT  be getting rid of my 53 plate xtrail sve 2.2td had loads done to it while iv,e had not because it went wrong just because I believe in prevention rather than waiting for it to break

I,m waiting to hear if my mates company will let me buy his old company car when it becomes due for renewell 

be asking for around the £1000 mark