Anschutz 525

steve_b_wales

I've got one with a Photon on it for vermin.

It has about 2000 rounds of Winchester subs through it each year.

If you undo the screw in the forend  it separates the barrel from the action, handy if you ever intend cleaning it !!!!

Make sure the tang that opens the breech is well attached - try and pull it out. If it is worn it will pull out or better still fall out in a load of cow slurry when your shooting at night.

All in all a good tool, nice trigger, never jams and deadly accurate. Theres one listed for £95 on guntrader recently that looked very tidy, new mags at £32 each

2 hours ago, B&W FOX said:

I've got one with a Photon on it for vermin.

It has about 2000 rounds of Winchester subs through it each year.

If you undo the screw in the forend  it separates the barrel from the action, handy if you ever intend cleaning it !!!!

Make sure the tang that opens the breech is well attached - try and pull it out. If it is worn it will pull out or better still fall out in a load of cow slurry when your shooting at night.

All in all a good tool, nice trigger, never jams and deadly accurate. Theres one listed for £95 on guntrader recently that looked very tidy, new mags at £32 each

Thanks. :good:

1 hour ago, shooterman49 said:

Cracking little rifle. For some reason not as popular as the bolt actions. The only semi auto I have owned that has never played up at some stage. Cycles sub Sonics lovely.

That's what I like to hear.

9 minutes ago, Andy H said:

It's  a good rifle but check the magazine lip's it you drop it , Any damage and it's a right ball ache to get the back to feeding correctly.

:good:

As far as I know, my 525 is still for sale in my local RFD, Diamond Guns in Sussex. I have a spare magazine if someone wants one

Sold it because the flash from the ejection port was distracting at night but it cycled low power RWS subs with no issues and many a bunny didn't go home as a result

Edited by spandit

2 hours ago, spandit said:

As far as I know, my 525 is still for sale in my local RFD, Diamond Guns in Sussex. I have a spare magazine if someone wants one

Sold it because the flash from the ejection port was distracting at night but it cycled low power RWS subs with no issues and many a bunny didn't go home as a result

PM sent regarding the above.

29 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Are they made under licence for them?

Yes. By Marocchi in Italy, I understand. They're still branded Anschutz and I seem to recall it says made in Germany on it. They're well made and highly regarded by some people (although others hate them with a passion)

43 minutes ago, clakk said:

Theres 1 for sale at Livens <Burton- on-Trent >theyre on t,internet .I used 1 for a day once cycled fine no real issues for bunnys a simple but effective semi atb

Thanks. Just checked and they have stated 'In Store Purchase Only' so not sure if they would be prepared to RFD transfer it.

I'm still going to look for an Anschutz 525, but out of interest, has anyone used or owned an ERMA semi auto? My RFD friend has one in his collection that he would sell, although no price etc has been mentioned.

On 17/01/2018 at 23:24, clakk said:

:good:Well in Steve got what you wanted in the end 

Yes. It took a bit of haggling etc but I managed to get it in the end. I haven't seen the rifle yet as it's in transit to my RFD, but hoping to pick it up later today.

Update: I picked the rifle up the morning and I'm pleased with it. A few marks on the stock, but everything else is perfect. All I need now is some fine weather to zero the scope and put a few 100 rounds through it.

UPDATE: The rifle is now safely in my cabinet with a nice scope fitted to it. Very pleased with the excellent condition it's in, and looking forward to zeroing it soon.