Best hmr scope

Whitester

After owning mine for a year I have come to the conclusion that 9x is not enough for longer range shots so I'm looking for a new scope with more power.

i've been looking at everything from £150 to £300 but can't decide which would be suitable.

sommy question is what would you guys recommend given my budget?

I use 12x on my Hawke but I’ve noticed with a better quality scope I can use it further and clearer on a lower mag. 

I was on a 500 yard range at Xmas using 10x and I could see a 6” centre. Something I thought not possible. 

I come from a field target competition back ground using 50x mag at 55 yards so I’ve totally changed my ways . I only use 6x. While hunting now out to 60-80 yards if not further . Strange I know but that’s quality glass for you.

It depends on the glass. Adjustable parallax is s good bet too for clearing up the sight picture at all ranges. 

Ive got a 10x adjustable scope that’s a hawke and the glass isn’t great. If you look through fixed a S&B, or a 3-9x Leupold of £600-700 it’s night and day. 

Edited by Brad93

2 hours ago, Brad93 said:

It depends on the glass. Adjustable parallax is s good bet too for clearing up the sight picture at all ranges. 

Ive got a 10x adjustable scope that’s a hawke and the glass isn’t great. If you look through fixed a S&B, or a 3-9x Leupold of £600-700 it’s night and day. 

Is adjustable parallax the same as AO? 

I had a 3-9x40 on my HMR for 8 years, almost always set at 9x. I upgraded to a 6-24x50 because I felt more comfortable at longer ranges with a bit extra mag on crows (plus I wanted a bigger objective lens)... After all that, Iv settled around 10x. Do still crank it up for very long range crows. 6-9x is all you reapply need for rabbits.

You can get 1st or 2nd fp , I have the one in 2nd on my .22 and will be eating another for the air rifle when I get it,would have had one on the HMR but I have SWFA on that

their good scopes and the ret isn’t as cluttered  as the Hawke ,had Hawke in the past but prefer these

As you have seen above there isn't a scope that people recommend, there are loads, and everyone above seems happy enough with their own individual choice.

Scope choice, magnification, tube/objective size, type of reticle, illumination, parallax, etc, is vast, you need to look through some and decide what works for you.

We are all different, I hardly ever go above 6x mag, serves me just fine out to 200-300 yards, if I'm out to 500-1000 yards I may well crank it up to 10-12x, don't remember EVER shooting above that.   Each to their own, I know people who take rabbits at 25 yard on 26x mag!