Barn find airguns

storsey

A friend of mine has recently bought a small cottage in kent and is knocking it down to build a new family home . We ventured Inot the loft this morning to see what treasures if any it held ., Low and behold nothing so we came back down to make a cuppa . We had a quick smoke in the garden and my friend went back indoors .... I decided I would have another and a walk round the garden . At the end was a very  old green house and a small wooden shed on opening the door to the shed apart from the smell of damp I noticed  a rolled up carpet and the end of a wooden stock showing ... I was like a kid again for a second desperately unravelling it to see what it was and to my surprise it was a airrifle and pistol wrapped in a oily cloth .

the rifle is a BSA air sporter mark 1 , 1945  and the pistol is a Diana model 5  1930s , all of which are going to be serviced tonite and a few shots in the morning but all seems well with both 

Edited by storsey

my mate gave me a lincoln and jefferies 1908 which was rusted solid. it had been left in the corner of a shed for years i believe. not one part would move. soaked in oil to free up all the parts stripped and refurbed. looks great on my wall in gun room:yes: the kids will be aloud to have a go if there is no moisture outside and they wear gloves:lol:

The mk1 Airsporter didn't enter production until 1948, The G prefix was from 1948 to 1954 then it went GA, GB, GC etc up to GN which was the last (Mk7)..

Sounds like a nice pair of finds, I've a few mk1/Mk2 and love them! :good:

First three are mk1, Second three are mk2..

6SX0h7h.jpg

John :)

• 1 month later...

Just saw this (don't normally come into this section). I'd need to go dig it out but dad's old air rifle, which my brother has, is an early Airsporter. I think it's a mk2 or possibly a 3...

When I was 11 (1995) my dad bought me and my brother a brand new BSA Airsporter .22, each, for Christmas. Much newer with the different breech opening. Still have it and will never get rid of it - it got me into shooting and has accounted for many rabbits and pigeons.

I was actually using it tonight nailing rats in the feed shed. Here she is

IMG_20180221_002210920.jpg