beaters day

Well been beating on a few shoots this season and started to get my invites to beaters day. But on Sat morn lifting my new puppy into the back of the landy me backs gone :sad1: last time this happened it took 3 weeks to be able to walk about.So have to pass up the chance of at least 4 beaters days.Plus as I'am retired no sick pay:lol:

2 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Keep moving, worse thing is being immobile and staying in bed resting it.

This, and also what mice said, hot bath and hot water bottle under your back when lounging in the evening. I have had sciatica on and off for over thirty years and the above is what relieves my pain. Stretching exercises are also good but you need a physio to assess you and give you the right ones to do.

On 15/01/2018 at 18:52, point and shoot said:

A good osteopath would be the answer. Mine has been brilliant. Kept me going!

+2,I`ve used the same one for 20 odd years and they`ve always got me sorted asap.They really do work miracles!

They always recommend ice packs,not heat on the injury.

HTH

Thanks for replies folks went on the osteopath route the last time and it did ease up but still took weeks at one visit per week plus exercise .

Managed to drive a little yesterday and a walk but paying for it this morning :sad1:

Will put on my  brave little soldiers face this week and hope it will fool wor lass and hope she will let me get out next SAT without her nagging me with I told you so and its your own fault lines :oops: 

Suffering the same ailment at the moment. Trapped sciatic nerve.

I go along with the pain killers and get on with it as long as you can group.   Went fowling, inland, last week and got four geese.   That cheered me up.

Worse problem was when the codeine caused a major jam in the waste disposal unit.   Painful and embarrassing to talk about.   Lucky had some up the bum items of remedy in the Memsahib's medical chest (I am her carer) so got that one sorted out without another visit to the doctor.   Sleeping has been a major problem but the doc has given me some pills that seem to be sorting that out.   Could sleep all day.

With the end of the season approaching very rapidly and always the thought that at my age any season could be the last one, just got to get out there.

Good luck mate - Just keep pushing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your advice you lot .I got out on the last SAT AND 31st on my own shoot so no pressure to keep up with every one  .Shot nowt  on SAT but enjoyed the day.  on the 31st walked about for a few hours with the gun and dogs then set up a hide for a few corbies and felt a lot better for it. 

Hope to get out on Fri. with the ferrets cos getting ease a mobility back bit by bit.