forums across the pond

ditchman

well...............ive been looking for some information on metals and stuff.....so i signed up to an American forum...all looked very swish and well run.....................

signed in...gave nice description of myself age sex (yes please)...birthday....you know the stuff.............

only been there 24hrs and i got 2 bloody warnings....one for saying bloody and one for saying damn.........................i ask you ..eh !!  and they only allow you to use 1 of 9 emoji's....PATHETIC :lol:

so i thought i would engraceate myself and liven things up and treat them to some norfolk humour/speak...............

well boi....it was about as welcome as  a bit of "leg gas" in a lift............THEY ARE SOOO SERIOUS

so ive come back home....seen enuff of that lot

:friends:

Ditchy, I'm now a moderator on one of the forums in the USA...Shooters Forum and it is very well run, but I have to agree they are a bit tight laced. What we over here do not understand is that the USA by and large is very religion based.  Rules on the Shooters Forum on what they class as bad language are strict. I , like you, initially got slated for  telling a rather near the knuckle joke that I would happily tell in mixed company over here.   BUT, I have to admit, the forum is very well run as is the Pigeon Forum ... I've been wrist slapped here too, by the way.

There is the good , bad and ugly the world over.

matone is spot on. The Shooting Forum is heavy on any trend to abuse etc between members. Can easily get a couple of weeks off and maybe a sweet goodbye.

What drew me to Pigeon Watch was the genial banter between members with never a hint of acrimony.  Made some great friends since being here and that's how it should be.

By the way, if it's not too late have a happy, healthy 2018.

Edited by Walker570

7 minutes ago, la bala said:

Good job you didnt ask for a fag boi  

:lol::lol::lol::good:..................hey yew gort a loit boi ?

22 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

It wasn't the Amish forums was it?

that was one of the first things i thought....didnt say anything incase it was rasist..:lol:...

If you pass wind or burb over there you will finish up in jail with no parole . Yes they are a bit tight laced , but that is not always a bad thing .mde a fool of myself several times when I first visited my family over there . The hospitality over there is unrivalled.

harnser

2 minutes ago, Harnser said:

If you pass wind or burb over there you will finish up in jail with no parole . Yes they are a bit tight laced , but that is not always a bad thing .mde a fool of myself several times when I first visited my family over there . The hospitality over there is unrivalled.

harnser

you are so right.............worked in florida for 18mths...before i went i was rubbing my hands together ..sure that i would be getting laid every night henceforth..................WRONG......very very catholic attitude ..i remained a virgin all during my stay........the family i lodged with...went to the county legistator and took out adoption papers on me as they wanted me to stay and become part of their family....................and that is a true story...i was there when and saw the 1st space shuttle go up....but thats a story for another day ........