Arxus boots

Sat Rat

Morning all,

Has anyone taken the plunge and bought a pair of arxus wellies?. I'm looking for a full zipped boot to replace my Aigle Parcours (wear & tear holes!). My 1st choice is another pair of Aigle,  but after a bit of a Google search Arxus a Swedish boot company popped up.with a zipped boot running down the back of the calf, so anybody have any user input would be appreciated.

Cheers.?

I have a pair but I got the ones with the half side zip as I was thing about how the rear zip might affect comfort, I also wanted the outlast lining ontop of neoprene as I had outlast wellies before and they were good in summer 

I like  the fact they have an insole you can remove, I think neoprene underfoot eventually fails and it’s cushioning.insulating property’s are reduced. Insoles give up eventually as well but at least you can swap them out, in addition you can uses insulated insoles for winter like the Lundhags beta pro insole and a ventilated insole in summer 

• 1 month later...

Well I've bought a pair while visiting the shooting show the same as Johnny mention above (full zip one is for proper Arctic conditions -40 odd so not really suitable for the Kent countryside??), and must say very impressed with the fit they all go up in half sizes and to get a full size you remove the insole for fit, quite a heavy boot but certainly appears to be well made nice touch with a leather heel rub on the inside and a leather stitched bead around the top.

Let's just see how they hold up to the coming season.....

• 2 weeks later...

I've had mine for around 18 months now, and they are the best wellies I've owned. I've had Chameau and Aigle in the past. The Chameau lasted a little over 2 years and the Aigle lasted around 10. Let's see how the Arxus last, but in terms of comfort  and feel they are excellent. Mine are the full zip leather lined.