New watch

davewh100

Got a citizen eco drive great watch look good, water proof, even tells the time and less that £200. but I got a tag as a birthday present to myself (as no one else would bother) because its a nice watch the only trouble is I use it most of the time.

So if you like something and can afford it then get it.

3 hours ago, davewh100 said:

im in tenerife at the mo and looking for a new watch was looking at the omega sea master but carnt justify spending €3000 but seen a nice certina automatic has any one come across this make before any Info would be good

dave

for the money  Seiko take some beating bit like miroku .    check out Seiko grand master  top draw !

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

You can get a mint 2nd hand Rolex Sub with date bubble and papers from a Main dealer on the continent for Under £4K. And when you want to sell it you’ll get more than £4K back home and you’ll sell it easy. That way you are not actually spending any money. 

that's the biggest mistake i made bought a rolex sub 50th anniversary with the green bezel 12 years ago and sold it paid £3'500 sold it for 4'000 now there worth between 7 & 8'000 big mistake, i will go back tomorrow and buy the cirtina it's not that bad at €800

dave

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

You can get a mint 2nd hand Rolex Sub with date bubble and papers from a Main dealer on the continent for Under £4K. And when you want to sell it you’ll get more than £4K back home and you’ll sell it easy. That way you are not actually spending any money. 

I would love to know more about this please mate 

16 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Seiko 007 or 009 are lovely! 

Althoufh, I have a 2005/2006 (can’t remember) Omega Seamaster 300 - they really are lovely :) perhaps look for a second hand one from a reputable source? Could pick one up for less than £2k. 

I bought a 007J for my 40th Earlier this year. It was about £170.00 from Creation Watches.

WP_20170721_10_32_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20171004_22_46_57_Pro.jpg

13 hours ago, davewh100 said:

that's the biggest mistake i made bought a rolex sub 50th anniversary with the green bezel 12 years ago and sold it paid £3'500 sold it for 4'000 now there worth between 7 & 8'000 big mistake, i will go back tomorrow and buy the cirtina it's not that bad at €800

dave

Certina are also owned by the SWATCH group as are Omega.

Hi

If in no hurry to commit to a purchase I would suggest time spent on a couple of watch forums (Rolex Forums, TZ-UK Forum etc.) will provide information on many watches and models, as well as potential for great saving on 'enthuisiatic' owners 'flipping' watches.

L

On 16/01/2018 at 23:15, Lloyd90 said:
On 16/01/2018 at 16:46, davewh100 said:

im in tenerife at the mo and looking for a new watch was looking at the omega sea master but carnt justify spending €3000 but seen a nice certina automatic has any one come across this make before any Info would be good

dave

watch update

decided not to go for the certina spent a little more and got a longines hydroconquest automatic nice looking watch got the look of a rolex well happy :good:

32 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

Love the longines watches! Embarrassed to say my day to day watch is a cheap Curren thing. And a Casio digital for work! I have a few different ones for dress, but nothing above £30. Some watches just look the part, and I do think a watch can really set off an outfit.  Think my most expensive one is a Timex Indiglo which reminds me needs a new battery :lol: 

great choice on the Longines :yes:

2 hours ago, Harnser said:

Bought 2 Micky mouse Rolex’s from a street vendor in Toronto several years ago for about £50 . Gave one to my son and kept the other one . They were apparently made in Thailand and lasted for years . I still have mine all it needs is a battery .

harnser

Sorry mate but I can’t be supporting fake watches. Loads of lovely cheap watches available which are not copy’s.