E/Bay rules?

guzzicat

I had this add pulled by E/Bay , after a complete & working Diana air pistol ran full term,then had a bidder asking for a buy it now after add was pulled (contacted via another item I am selling) does this sound as if he had reported add?I dismantled it years ago & it just surfaced during a clear out.

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

Ebay is **** 1 policy for 1 person and it dont count for somebody else. There was a gun part on there for sale that the seller was blatantly offering the gun for sale as well which is against there policy but they didn't do anything about it yet another add will get pulled for having some wording wrong. I gave up selling on there used to have a little shop doing stickers but all there rules and policy ****** me off so much i just closed it after an argument with them 1 day. 

Tis a joke you cant buy knives according to there Europe policy but some can sell them ?.Yet i can go on E.bay U.s and buy them and have them sent here .Yes airweapons are banned but as you say again some can and do some strange rules that only apply when they "feel"like enforcing them 

In Sporting Goods on ebay there are over 8 million items listed, I have no idea how many items are listed throughout the whole of ebay but you can't be surprised that not every listing complies with their rules.

Nor can you be surprised that if you list a banned item that it will get removed.

Ebay is ebay, a very successful format but still not perfect.

It probably depends on how you describe the item. Chokes are banned on Ebay, but I have seen them described as Invector, Mobil, Optima, tubes, spreaders, extensions or any other name but choke. I had a listing for chokes pulled by Ebay - a few years ago, before I was aware of their double standards. They still sell, but described differently.

If gun appears in the title - or in this case, on the box, some bright spark will report it.

My Mrs has to be very careful when selling her leather products that are shooting related , eg, bullet wallets have to be shown either , empty ,or with clearly fired brass. She was also stopped from selling the cases that hold ecigs .