An Awe of Eagles

islandgun

DSCN0074%5B1%5D.JPG.66c89fd94c5d93bcc4fa2c9386d1327a.JPGAbout once a year we get a gathering of Golden Eagles at the back of our house, this year there seven in the air at once and thats the most Ive seen so far, I tried to get a photo but they were very high, this is the best i could do, the  smaller bird is a raven and there was about 30 of those around the Eagles, not so much mobbing more keeping an eye out. Is there a collective name for Eagles..?

DSCN0074[1].JPG

Edited by islandgun

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

comes from "AWE god they been at me chickens again"

The end of the croft has access to saltings and some of my ducks would often go over the fence to freedom,  we sometimes get a visit from sea Eagles ( once every couple of months) and one day I saw a SE repeatedly try to grab one off the surface and every time it got close the khaki cambell would dive under, I went back for the camera but it was gone, the duck was fine,

5 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

Lovely sight i should think IG. I've only even seen single birds. Not a cloud in the sky!

I googled the collective noun for eagles and it came up with "convocation". You learn something new everyday.

Thanks for that also means general gathering of humans as well !  have you had a visit of a GE down in Norfolk..?  I know you get most birds down there sooner or later, I dont want to give the impression that Im always seeing eagles, it is a rare thing, which makes seeing seven at the same time special. We have had an outbreak of mixy lately so maybe they have been taking advantage of that