foxing

spanj

Am absolutely fuming. Just lost my foxing perm to some chancer who is PAYING for it !!!!!

I've only been doing it for 12 years (& a good job too according to farmer) but cash speaks louder than actions to him seemingly.

To make matters worse renewal is literally around the corner !!!!  If it wasnt for bad luck I wouldnt have any ......... grrrrrrrr. May well be a couple of rifles up for sale soon :(

clubs are only .22 anywhere near me.

Gutted doesnt cut it mate I'm absolutely fuming. I just cant believe a) the farmer cut me loose like that after all that time and b) somebody is willing to pay for foxing ! I know who it is too, he's a ****house in every sense of the word and I KNOW for a fact wont put the hours in. Gutted

22 minutes ago, spanj said:

Am absolutely fuming. Just lost my foxing perm to some chancer who is PAYING for it !!!!!

I've only been doing it for 12 years (& a good job too according to farmer) but cash speaks louder than actions to him seemingly.

To make matters worse renewal is literally around the corner !!!!  If it wasnt for bad luck I wouldnt have any ......... grrrrrrrr. May well be a couple of rifles up for sale soon :(

What part of the country do you come from. 

Unfortunately this type of thing happens a lot, I lost a farm that I had shot on for 25 years, one day he just said someone has offered to rent the vermin shooting on the farm and if I wanted to carry shooting I would have to better the other shooters offer, fortunately I have plenty of other ground, so I told him to stick it.

Sounds like its your only piece of ground so I know how you must feel, hope you get something sorted.:good:

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

Unfortunately this type of thing happens a lot, I lost a farm that I had shot on for 25 years, one day he just said someone has offered to rent the vermin shooting on the farm and if I wanted to carry shooting I would have to better the other shooters offer, fortunately I have plenty of other ground, so I told him to stick it.

Sounds like its your only piece of ground so I know how you must feel, hope you get something sorted.:good:

Its a real sickener, I kept to one perm just to make sure I could give it the time it needs and do the job properly.

1 minute ago, 8 shot said:

Trouble is they are giving certificates out like sweet now, what has happened to this guys permission(s) that got him a rifle in the first place.

I think he's just after "his own" as he was shooting on a farm a few miles away with 2 other lads I know. He was just playing at it like and hasnt really got a clue what it takes.

I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago. I took care of all the pests/vermin on the farmers land, and there was a Pheasant syndicate shoot on the farm next door (who I no doubt hepled by shooting the foxes) and they paid the farmer to allow them onto his land. He was already a very wealthy man anyway. 3 years later, he phoned to ask if I would return. No thanks, said I!.

7 minutes ago, old'un said:

Is it worth approaching the other shooter and asking to share the shoot? That’s if you are both willing.

If he'd gone about it in the right way I may have but frankly I'd rather give it up than share it with a bloke like that tbh. I know I  am cutting my nose off to spite my face but............

4 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago. I took care of all the pests/vermin on the farmers land, and there was a Pheasant syndicate shoot on the farm next door (who I no doubt hepled by shooting the foxes) and they paid the farmer to allow them onto his land. He was already a very wealthy man anyway. 3 years later, he phoned to ask if I would return. No thanks, said I!.

Am still civil with the farmer and will remain so but I doubt I'd go back there now. Again, know I am cutting my nose off to spite my face but would have at least expected him to give me the heads up and not just text me. Thats proper shabby in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, spanj said:

If he'd gone about it in the right way I may have but frankly I'd rather give it up than share it with a bloke like that tbh. I know I  am cutting my nose off to spite my face but............

Am still civil with the farmer and will remain so but I doubt I'd go back there now. Again, know I am cutting my nose off to spite my face but would have at least expected him to give me the heads up and not just text me. Thats proper shabby in my opinion.

I know I 'cut my nose off' etc, but I did feel good about it.

1 hour ago, spanj said:

He really has as  I know for a fact this guy cannot and will not do the job. It'll be too late for me by then though I think :(

really feel for you mate, has for just a tex from the farmer that's gutless hope you find something eles fairly quick, did you find what the other lad paid 

Edited by davewh100

I know how it feels Spanj, i have three small bits of permission that i get around regular the whole year doing the rats, rabbits, pigeons, crows and the odd fox. I get round them all months, i lost another last year when informed the neighboring shoot had offered up dosh for it and to do the vermin. Speaking to one of my farmers who knows this farmer says he said his crops getting hammered now as no one has done anything. I Had been going there for last 15 years very regularly and at short notice for other bits of rented land. 

Hopefully you will get sorted, some offers from fellow pwer's by the looks.

atb

7diaw

That is sickening news and I'm very sorry for you to hear of it.

My circumstances are the opposite. My father wandered into the farmyard with the intention of asking the farmer if he could shoot vermin there when he heard his name called. He turned around and there was an old school friend who he hadn't seen for well over 40 years. It was the farmer's wife and 'nuff said. I came home having retired from the RAF and tagged on. All of the parents are gone now but I still shoot for the son. One day within 20 minutes of being called I had shot a dog and vixen which were heading with evil intent towards the free range laying hens. There were two separate syndicates on the land who in real tems didn't do anything useful and my farmer really didn't take too kindly to them but the land in question was tenanted with the rights retained by the estate so there wasn't much he could do about it. However, coincidentally and for different reasons a few months later both groups packed it in and immediately he heard the farmer asked to have the rights put onto his tenancy agreement. When I saw him a couple of days later he told me what had happened and said that's for you as a thankyou from me.

The reason I mention all of this is because, A. it makes me realise how lucky I am having read of your plight and B. hopefully to remind you that there are still some good folk out there and  with a bit of luck you'll come across someone who will enable you to put this awful upset behind you. Good luck, and I hope, good shooting.