Ceaser Guerini Maxum 12G

Nathanp1

Gents.......

im interested in a Guerini Maxum Game gun, but I’ve always been a Browning / Miroku shooter!  I really like the look of the Guerini gun, and it seems to have great reviews.  I don’t know much about them, and am wondering what you guys opinions are on them regarding reliability, longevity, shoot Ability?  I know the obvious thing is to go and try one, but me being me, I’d be so taken in by the scroll engraving that I would forget all the more important things and buy it.........

it sure does look a really nice gun, but let’s see what you think?

any help will be much appreciated. 

My main gun for about 18 months is an Invictus V, I shoot it a lot and has zero issues. It's amazing value compared to the other big names, and the service I had from SG is nothing short of amazing -- I went to theirs to select my wood/gun. A few months later I managed to source from them a different forend (I wanted a Trap style, not a Sportser style as I have big hands) and I even also got to go there to pick a wood that matches my stock.

Mrs Buze also shoot a Guerini, a Syren Magnus -- and again, zero issues. It was a bit stiff to open sometime, and I took it to SG on my second visit, the onsite gunsmith tweaked it (and serviced it as it was there) and it's not butter smooth. 

I've been pondering a game gun from them as well (Ellipse perhaps) but I have to say I'm a bit into SxS at the moment and I've been wondering -- SG doesn't do SxS otherwise they'd be my primary choice...

Had my Maxum 2 Years now, I really can't fault it  Beautiful to shoot & value for money. Ive put circa 6000 carts through it both clay & game, still as tight as when new.  Go & try one first I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Its easy after you try one out - you just get in car & go to your local CG dealer & order one!!  Let us know how you get on.

Agree with most of the above. I've had a Challenger for 3 years which is basically the same as the Maxum but without sideplates and I can't fault it. My nerdy engineer's mind compels me to keep the action/forend knuckle joint greased to minimise wear but mine is certainly nice and tight.

On 19/01/2018 at 09:56, buze said:

I've been pondering a game gun from them as well (Ellipse perhaps) but I have to say I'm a bit into SxS at the moment and I've been wondering -- SG doesn't do SxS otherwise they'd be my primary choice...

Fabarm do though and the CLASSIS IV looks very nice.