Car Discount - LR

station

Apologies for late reply, just got in from work - thanks for the replies.

I will look again at discount sites but currently the LR contribution plus the dealership discount is pretty good.

Between the 2 of them its over £4K then there’s warranty and servicing supported deals.

I’ll ask tomorrow ref BASC and see if beneficial or not.

Cheers.

I think if you log into the basc site under motoring tab with you membership number you can then see the discounts per model.

that or drop them an email

i found them easy to deal with and got a good discount off my ford, better than any broker as discount is before vat.

the dealers should be able to tell you the discount but you will need to quote your basc number and speak to someone on the fleet side

4 hours ago, station said:

Apologies for late reply, just got in from work - thanks for the replies.

I will look again at discount sites but currently the LR contribution plus the dealership discount is pretty good.

Between the 2 of them its over £4K then there’s warranty and servicing supported deals.

I’ll ask tomorrow ref BASC and see if beneficial or not.

Cheers.

All BASC 'discounts' are on FULL list price, and DO NOT work along with any other discounts.

In short - the discount is basically what any garage will knock off anyway, because nobody pays list price in the first place.

3 hours ago, archi said:

I think if you log into the basc site under motoring tab with you membership number you can then see the discounts per model.

that or drop them an email

i found them easy to deal with and got a good discount off my ford, better than any broker as discount is before vat.

the dealers should be able to tell you the discount but you will need to quote your basc number and speak to someone on the fleet side

Cheers for this - I will have a look see.

thanks for all other replies as well.

ATB.

23 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

All BASC 'discounts' are on FULL list price, and DO NOT work along with any other discounts.

In short - the discount is basically what any garage will knock off anyway, because nobody pays list price in the first place.

I think you are wrong on this by a long way.

yes no one pays list price but the basc are fleet terms which local dealers won’t offer to a one off customer.

i tried numerous dealers, Carwow, carfile and some others and no one could get near to basc which was 20% off the price before vat along with the same off all extras and foc metallic paint.

it worked out at 25% off the list price and was by cheaper than buying a 1 or 2 year old used car!

22 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

You are correct - you can have one or the other.

I thought this would be the case and it worked out better with LR contribution plus Dealer discount.

Cheers.

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why buy new it’s a mugs game, you are way better off buying a preregistration or a year old car leave somebody else take the big hit.

Bizarrely with just a little bit more deposit the monthly repayment was £11 per month more which they then managed to reduce further.

At the moment with new car sales down then it’s actually a good time to go for new.

Nearly went for a 6 month old one with 6000 miles on it but due to the above I thought stuff it.

This way I get exactly what I want (and can afford) rather than getting nearly everything I want.

Never personally bought a new car till now as had company cars for past 20 years.

I would agree with your statement normally.

ATB

2 hours ago, archi said:

I think you are wrong on this by a long way.

yes no one pays list price but the basc are fleet terms which local dealers won’t offer to a one off customer.

i tried numerous dealers, Carwow, carfile and some others and no one could get near to basc which was 20% off the price before vat along with the same off all extras and foc metallic paint.

it worked out at 25% off the list price and was by cheaper than buying a 1 or 2 year old used car!

BASC discount varies from manufacturer to manufacture. Subaru is 10% discount, Toyota is 20% for example... you have to go to applicable dealerships, too, as far as I am aware.

I've tried twice to use my BASC membership to get a price, with my brother going to the same dealership a week or 2 later and getting a price for the same vehicle. Both prices both times were within a couple hundred pounds of each other.

I also tried on a Suzuki ATV for my work. My local garage could beat BASC discount price by £150.

• 2 weeks later...