Evil Elvis

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/4/2018 at 23:40, Danger-Mouse said:

Without entering the previous arguments/discussions, this proves you can pull off some impressive shots with a .22, although even here it shows it's hard to do straight off the bat no matter how good you or your equipment may be . . .

It certainly was a 'trick' shot as the title suggests IMO.

The rifle and scope combo has had a lot of effort and trial to get the right set up.

Call me  sceptical but a case of a lot of effort +  very good editing of the video  in my opinion.

Would be hard enough to achieve those results prone and off a bipod (with a breeze as well)  but don't doubt it is possible.

I also was surprised she wasn't sure the .22 had enough energy to break an egg at that range!

Still enjoyed watching though but without the sound second time round.

If it is true I certainly would take my hat off to her.

But I suppose I could be wrong.

Edited by Good shot?

59 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

It certainly was a 'trick' shot as the title suggests IMO.

The rifle and scope combo has had a lot of effort and trial to get the right set up.

Call me  sceptical but a case of a lot of effort +  very good editing of the video  in my opinion.

Would be hard enough to achieve those results prone and off a bipod (with a breeze as well)  but don't doubt it is possible.

I also was surprised she wasn't sure the .22 had enough energy to break an egg at that range!

Still enjoyed watching though but without the sound second time round.

If it is true I certainly would take my hat off to her.

But I suppose I could be wrong.

Well she shows a fair number of misses and judging by her competition record she can certainly shoot.

http://kirstenjoyweiss.com/shooting-bio-highlights/

Pulling the thread back onto topic for a minute.

I regularly shoot .22 at 100 yds on targets, using an old BSA International and tenex. Once you have the elevation you can bang them in but nobody so far has mentioned the effect of the wind. Even a slightly blustery cross wind spreads the group laterally more than you would imagine it should 

43 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I regularly shoot .22 at 100 yds on targets, using an old BSA International and tenex. Once you have the elevation you can bang them in but nobody so far has mentioned the effect of the wind. Even a slightly blustery cross wind spreads the group laterally more than you would imagine it should 

Should be ashamed of yourself. :lol:

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

25.1.18     08.50 (page 5)

I quite regularly use my .22LR at 200yards at Bisley, on a still day, right conditions, off the bipod, after sighters, I would expect about 4/10 the shots to be V-Bulls.  The V-Bull is considerably bigger than a rabbit brain!   A hint of wind and I pack up, the shots go everywhere.

:good:

Edited by Dekers

21 hours ago, Danger-Mouse said:

Well she shows a fair number of misses and judging by her competition record she can certainly shoot.

http://kirstenjoyweiss.com/shooting-bio-highlights/

That can't be right. It's got to be a wind up, nobody can shoot that well. 

Well not according to the PW judges they can't. 

The fact is someone has done something that nobody else has. 

So that means that. They didn't do it. 

Or in this case,,,,, they shouldn't have done it. 

4 hours ago, Dougy said:

That can't be right. It's got to be a wind up, nobody can shoot that well. 

Well not according to the PW judges they can't. 

The fact is someone has done something that nobody else has. 

So that means that. They didn't do it. 

Or in this case,,,,, they shouldn't have done it. 

Blimey, there is a world of difference between a famous professional female shooter taking a calculated long shot and an inexperienced chap massively misjudging range and apparently head shooting one rabbit.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, there is a world of difference between a famous professional female shooter taking a calculated long shot and an inexperienced chap massively misjudging range and apparently head shooting one rabbit.

Yep, one is confident they can kill a rabbit and the other isn't sure they can break an egg.