The Boris Bridge Proposal

TIGHTCHOKE

Where do I join the queue to give this pillock a slap?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/01/18/boris-johnson-calls-bridge-across-channel-saying-itsridiculous/

We do not need another physical link to the continent.

Do not forget his previous plan to put a new airport in the Thames Estuary!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

The tunnel was the worst thing we have ever done, we should be shutting that.  Part of me thinks this total madness is to deflect attention from the fact that our totally useless waste of space EU loving PM has just given France tens more millions and agreed to take yet more benefit scroungers and worse from Calais.  People in Calais are Frances issue they let them in with their total lack of Border controls, Schengen is for EU countries not the African Nation and we are not part of Schengen anyway. 

Did someone say Boris Johnson or Boris Trump.

Visions of 1000's of migrants occupying every square foot of such a bridge in a bid to get to UK. Oh wait they won't have to now that TM bows to French pressure and lets a few 100 more in (which will in all likelihood become a few 1000).

While I'm at it, seeing as the UK are paying even more £Millions to improve security at Calais why don't we chase the French to pay for taking their problem illegals that do get here and for some reason we do not return to France.  

Seriously the man is a clown, never liked him since I saw his  performance at the Beijing Olympics. 

12 minutes ago, JRDS said:

The tunnel was the worst thing we have ever done, we should be shutting that.  Part of me thinks this total madness is to deflect attention from the fact that our totally useless waste of space EU loving PM has just given France tens more millions and agreed to take yet more benefit scroungers and worse from Calais.  People in Calais are Frances issue they let them in with their total lack of Border controls, Schengen is for EU countries not the African Nation and we are not part of Schengen anyway. 

Totally agree but if he/they are serious it`s confirmation (if it`s needed !) that we`re governed by fruitcakes,the lot of them .

I,ve had  a great idea let,s award the contract to some faceless conglomerate who,l employ thousands of foreign <CHEAP> labourer,s and keeping paying the firm,s directors huge annual bonuses whilst delivering the project years late and way over budget .Oh and due to EU rules award the steel supply contract to Albania as theyre 5p a ton cheaper than our own .Sound familiar :no:

I do like innovative thinking  but the dams would effectively become bridges (before the middle bit is drained) allowing Pierre and his mates to walk across at two points. I have had another thought, we could at regular time periods allow the water to flow back into the middle bit bit once we have built electrickery generating equipment in the centre. 

This would partly solve the sustainable energy problem. However I do have safety concerns for anyone walking the 22 miles from France to the UK so would definitely recommend the fitting of a siren at either end to warn people of imminent re-flooding, the people would then have 5 minutes to leave the area, or is that a little too long.

Enough of this frivolity Johnson is a muppet end of.  

17 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

the man is just a idiot,

Exactly, from a supposed Brexiter who should be saying there's a whole world out there to trade with. But no, he wants to increase transport links to France. We need to build bridges with all those we dumped when we jumped into bed with the EU. The Commonwealth for starters.

Edited by TriBsa

13 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

Exactly, from a supposed Brexiter who should be saying there's a whole world out there to trade with. But no, he wants to increase transport links to France. We need to build bridges with all those we dumped when we jumped into bed with the EU. The Commonwealth for starters.

Exactly and it serves us damned well right if those countries don't wan to play ball with us.

Brexit or not if the Euro lot want to buy our goods and we can sell more with better transport links I am all for another tunnel or bridge.

If setting up shop with the rest of the world reinforces our manufacturing the economies of scale may well mean we end up with more to sell to Europe also, likewise whatever we are planning to export we will likely need components and materials from the mainland, even before we consider the potential for increasing tourism with a weaker pound...

The gains on all the above should fund some border security and the costs of a few thousand getting through. 

If we do build it, can we do it after Brexit. That way we will be able to choose who builds it (UK firm), where the materials come from (UK firm, if we have any companies left producing any materials), who pays for what, how much we pay and who controls the "borders" on the bridge. We will also not have to pay some form of "bribe" to the EU for "allowing" us to do it!