Watch repair heads up

guzzicat

I know there are several watch fans on here, just a heads up for a very reliable watchmaker/repairer,he just serviced one of my Seiko divers watches from the seventies, posted Tuesday arrived today, still on correct time, I am now sending another of my Seikos & an Orient divers for service.Michael Swift,PA20 0HR. Highly Recommended & does not charge the earth unlike a lot of dealers when you use words like Seiko Omega, Orient Etc.

IMG_3057.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

47 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

I know there are several watch fans on here, just a heads up for a very reliable watchmaker/repairer,he just serviced one of my Seiko divers watches from the seventies, posted Tuesday arrived today, still on correct time, I am now sending another of my Seikos & an Orient divers for service.Michael Swift,PA20 0HR. Highly Recommended & does not charge the earth unlike a lot of dealers when you use words like Seiko Omega, Orient Etc.

IMG_3057.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

nice collection :good:

26 minutes ago, washerboy said:

I was quoted £110 for my seiko 5 automatic watch to be serviced.Will these be cheaper ? 

I am sure it will, I have used him in the past for Seiko Divers & always pleased with price & results, did the wife;s Sicura  recently , replaced crystal,serviced,& serviced my 5 sports for less than that, best of luck.

1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

Does he work on breitlings? I've got a couple that are due a service.

You will find Breitling will not send parts to outhers. All I needed was a small spring in the winder but my local watch guy could not get one from them. Be prepared for an eye watering service charge from them.

21 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Not sure if thats his email, but his number 01700505112. I may be wrong and am making a big assumption but i get the impression, he is "old School" and he would prefer a phone call, rather than email.

EDIT: If you have a "Dive" watch and want it pressure tested after the work, he cannot presure test it. But his work is so cheap, you can have him do the work and get it pressure tested elsewhere. ( i was quoted over £200 from citizen, £30 with Michael!!)

Edited by silver pigeon69