Am online! ??

Scully

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

After paying for BT’s all singing all dancing hifalutin’ doodah broadband since October, am now actually connected! Speed is 52 which almost as fast as my old Landrover, so am well chuffed! 

How ever did we stay sane years ago when it was dial up.

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

After paying for BT’s all singing all dancing hifalutin’ doodah broadband since October, am now actually connected! Speed is 52 which almost as fast as my old Landrover, so am well chuffed! 

12 minutes ago, la bala said:

Well the delay can't be due to BT being exceptionally busy!

I was connected to fibre optics broadband this week.

The download speed has gone from an average of 6.82 to 44.45 and the upload speed from an average of 0.31 to 9.94.

This is as a result of an hours phone call to BT just before Xmas advising that I was leaving them and they came up with a deal whereby I pay £20 less per month than before and have the benefit of these increased speeds (not that I really need them).

Good for you JDog; I harassed BT via Messenger on FB, naming them as the most pathetic company it had ever been my misfortune to be involved with, and that if I conducted my business as they do theirs, I’d have no clients left. They were full of apologies and since then we have had No more cancellations. That could be purely coincidental of course. ?

1 hour ago, la bala said:

I sometimes wonder myself! 

Reading some of these posts I realise how lucky I have been . I have always lived in a road that had cable . Always had fast connection from virgin media . But oh ,the customer service is terrible . Would be better if they could employ a few more English speakers .

harnser

I am currently in correspondence with the CEO of BT - Gavin Echlin Patterson. They can't tell me when I can get the mega fast broadband, despite being 25 yards from the green box. I spoke to the engineer who cabled it up - two months ago. He said it would be running in two weeks. BT tell me it won't be ten years, but they can't say when. I kid you not.

18 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I am currently in correspondence with the CEO of BT - Gavin Echlin Patterson. They can't tell me when I can get the mega fast broadband, despite being 25 yards from the green box. I spoke to the engineer who cabled it up - two months ago. He said it would be running in two weeks. BT tell me it won't be ten years, but they can't say when. I kid you not.

I feel your frustration. One lady on the phone, when we informed her that an engineer had told us there was nothing wrong with our line, answered every question with ‘well that’s stage one complete.’ ?

Mr Patterson, I live at ****************** and have been a BT customer since 1972. My telephone number is 01*********. I have a broadband package which works at a snail's pace. This is not a fault within my home, as I paid BT approximately £130 in 2016 to replace wiring in my home, to increase my broadband speed. The increased speed was very noticeable for about two weeks, but it then reverted to mega slow.

On 16.1.2018, I rang your company to find out when I could get BT Infinity. The green box was installed about 20 yards from my home a couple of months ago. I spoke to the engineer, at the time, who told me that it would serve my house and I would be able to make use of it within a month.

Your customer service member of staff had no idea of when it would be installed, but assured me it would not take ten years. I then asked to speak to a manager, who turned out to be a Mark Jones. He appeared to be helpful, but could give me no idea of when the service would be available, but again assured me it wouldn't take ten years.. I spent 40 minutes on the phone and he assured me that someone would respond to my complaint by yesterday.

I am not surprised that this has not happened, it seems typical of BT service, sadly. I think my treatment has been shoddy, to put it mildly. I want to get faster broadband. If this is not possible with BT, I will vote with my feet and go elsewhere.

An explanation would be appreciated.

Regards

Gordon

Hello Mr *******, 

Thanks for your e-mail to Gavin Patterson. I’m sorry that you’re having these problems.  

Our team have now logged your complaint and will own to resolution. A dedicated case handler will be in touch soon.  

Our office is open until 8pm so don’t worry if it’s late in the day, we’ll be working on it.

Thanks, 

Matthew King

Executive Level Service Team; BT Consumer.

MY REPLY

Matthew

Since your promise of action, I have heard absolutely nothing. Is this yet another instance of BT not knowing when something will happen or am I just unlucky?

I remain unimpressed.

Regards.

Gordon

REPLY (one hour ago)

Hello Mr Gordon, 

Thank you for your further email. We’re looking into your issues and will be in touch tomorrow.  

Thanks for your patience.  

Thanks,

Beverley  

Beverley Matheson

Executive Level Service Team, BT Consumer

MY REPLY

Beverley

I am not Mr Gordon, I am Mr ********. Does getting in touch tomorrow actually mean tomorrow or some unknown future date?

Regards.

Mr Gordon ************

Edited by Gordon R

We have a survey to complete in order to help them improve their services as they are ‘dedicated to excellence’ ! The day our connection was made we received three emails and four texts to inform us the engineer was on his way, plus a phone call from the engineer himself, whom was very helpful. 

All three of the emails were received after the engineer was actually here, and two texts while he was here also, one before he arrived and one after he’d left.

Im not sure if they’re an attempt to imply they’re on top of their game or not, but it doesn’t impress. 

I know when each occurrence took place as we have a ‘log’ to complete with each correspondence as part of our complaints procedure set up by our ‘case handler’ which is to be completed now we’re up and running. It remains to be seen how they will handle the payments we’ve made since last October, when we first signed up.