.22 best in my budget?

AberFowl

The only problem with the cz is that everyone has one so I went for a t bolt to be different:) plus you can't get a 455 in a left handed action.

the only thing I would say about the t bolt , especially with a composit stock is that they need a bit of weight added and the trigger needs adjusting because it's too heavy out of the box.

however this is an easy fix and I have sorted the trigger myself for free and put lead in the stock, problem solved.

the t bolt is quicker and less of a faff to cycle than the cz and if you are shooting from a truck its more instinctive.

The choice is yours at the end of the day though

The CZ455 was a bit of a con job by CZ it is now a rifle built down to a price rather than to a standard Not the same. Not even close.
The main difference between the 452 and 455 is the lack of a opposing locking lug on the bolt in the 455. The 455 has only the bolt handle root to hold the bolt in place where the 452 had an opposing lug as well. This allows CZ to skip some expensive machining on the bolt handle and the receiver. It's a bit of slight of hand: pointing out the trinkety improvements while ignoring the vast cheapening of the action. Sad.

6 hours ago, AdamSouthEast said:

Are any semis accurate enough to be used on bunnies? Read good things about the CZ512 but the overwhelming consensus seems to be stick to bolt??

I think they’re all accurate enough to be used on bunnies. Mate used to use a Ruger 10/22 and many moons ago my very first rimfire was a Remington  Speedmaster? (Can never remember which model was the pump and which was the self loader!) It accounted for who knows how many rabbits and hares back then. 

7 hours ago, AdamSouthEast said:

Are any semis accurate enough to be used on bunnies? Read good things about the CZ512 but the overwhelming consensus seems to be stick to bolt??

The difference is accuracy between a bolt and a semi can be negligible, a neglected bolt may actually be worse than a pristine semi, on top of which ammo selection can make a big difference either way on both.

I run BA and semis and have always been impressed with how accurate/reliable my cheap old Magtech 7022 is.  I don't select either in the field for accuracy, they are both competent enough for that, I select them for the individual job, and the BA certainly gets the most use.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I think they’re all accurate enough to be used on bunnies. Mate used to use a Ruger 10/22 and many moons ago my very first rimfire was a Remington  Speedmaster? (Can never remember which model was the pump and which was the self loader!) It accounted for who knows how many rabbits and hares back then. 

1 hour ago, Dekers said:

The difference is accuracy between a bolt and a semi can be negligible, a neglected bolt may actually be worse than a pristine semi, on top of which ammo selection can make a big difference either way on both.

I run BA and semis and have always been impressed with how accurate/reliable my cheap old Magtech 7022 is.  I don't select either in the field for accuracy, they are both competent enough for that, I select them for the individual job, and the BA certainly gets the most use.

Hmm interesting. Bit confused why so many guys swear by bolts then, who wouldn't want instant follow up shots available? 

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I have an old Remington Fieldmaster which is a Pump/slide action