AberFowl

.22 best in my budget?

Mainly rabbits with other small vermin here and there

£500 to spend on a gun

Already have a decent scope and separate tin of pennies for mod

Which gun to go for?

Not telling as im waiting for my variation :whistling:,but its going to be a CZ 452 or BRNO model 2 ,u can get both for about £200 with scope and mod second hand .The interweb is awash with them .Standard ,14",16" barrel and lots of spare mags about £30 .Only saying like :innocent:

I have Anschutz 1416 in 22 and Cz455 in hmr , cant see how the 452 is better having had a 452 but never mind , build quality , blueing and trigger is better on the Annie , mag release better on cz ,fit a trigger kit in the cz and your good to go , accuracy wise I very much doubt there is anything in it

CZ452 with trigger kit fitted is as good as it gets, unless bragging rights are important to you :).

It will do everything all the other options will do with less initial cost IMO.

I have a mod2 that cost £100 . Screw cut and down to 16” cost £30. It may be 42 years old but it’s great. I’ll never swap it. 

I also have a cz455 hmr and I wouldn’t swap that either

This subject goes round and round, but the main answer is always the same, for versatility, accuracy, reliability, repeatability and VFM you will struggle to beat CZ!

:good:

I have a Brno mod 2 fantastic little rifle a real workhorse! BUT I'll throw a curved ball in, the WEIHRAUCH range of rifles are very nice.

Quality trigger and the fit and finish is to a high standard. 

2 hours ago, R1nut said:

I have a Brno mod 2 fantastic little rifle a real workhorse! BUT I'll throw a curved ball in, the WEIHRAUCH range of rifles are very nice.

Quality trigger and the fit and finish is to a high standard. 

+1 But if you figure you might also get an HMR later then Anschutz makes good sense.

8 hours ago, AberFowl said:

Nice new thumbhole cz455 in the local gunshop..will go get it

Thanks for replies!

I got one with the short heavy varmint barrel, its brilliant from a static location but it can get heavy when walking around! altho I find the extra weight does help to steady the shot when off hand.

Edited by thepasty