OLD GUNS

clay shooter

What do you do with your old gun? If the gun is still usable but too old to Px or the local gun dealer does not want it? Mmmmm.If handed to the local F Officer

I am told that remarks on my certificate will show in a bad light. Could anyone tell me if there is a SAFE and GENUINE club/etc that would have it ..perhaps to teach/give to a young member who cannot afford one..suggestions Anyone?

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t understand the ‘remarks on certificate’ bit either, but Ive given two shotguns away that were of no use to me but still serviceable. 

I agree Scully, have disposed of, given, loaned and sold  shotguns never ever had an FEO comments negative or otherwise. As long as your within the law there are no problems. 

Edited by Wingman

Somebody will want it. Put an ad up or if feeling very charitable offer it free if going to someone in a situation close to your heart. 

In the the time I have been on this forum a few shotguns have been given away for teenagers to start out with, often other people offer a few cartridges etc to go with it. 

13 hours ago, clay shooter said:

What do you do with your old gun? If the gun is still usable but too old to Px or the local gun dealer does not want it? Mmmmm.If handed to the local F Officer

I am told that remarks on my certificate will show in a bad light. Could anyone tell me if there is a SAFE and GENUINE club/etc that would have it ..perhaps to teach/give to a young member who cannot afford one..suggestions Anyone?

Im after something for the kids to use. What is it? 

Edited by Scotty1980

I’ve got a knackered Belgian 410 single barrel and a knackered aya 12 bore side by side that anyone is welcome to if they want to come and fetch them. I had them off my uncle because he needed cabinet space and at the time I had loads of space. The 410 fires but the action is looser than a tarts undergarments. And the sbs only one barrel fires. Otherwise I’ll have to get round to scrapping them. 

Others arnt agreeing with me on this but I had a semi auto .22 which was so dangerous it blew the end of the silencer off (after punching out the internals!!). I decided I wasn't going to let anybody else play with it so I looked into destroying it. Gunshop wanted £50 to take it in, or £120 for a deact via a site not including postage/rfd.  I was skint (as usual) and went to the police. They took it for free and sorted it all out there and then. 

If it had sentimental value I'd pay the £120 but useless/dangerous guns? don't pay take em to the station.