For real??

aga man

This is what shooting is up against.....a stupid urbanised public so detached from the real natural world, that the particularly sad ones think of and treat animals like humans!.....Except of course when buying prepacked meat from the supermarket! Then they are just too mentally challenged, fixed in their opinions and up their own backsides........to associate animals with food!!

Just now, loriusgarrulus said:

Missed that somewhere. Who was trying to stop people shooting.

If you read my previous (first) posting, I was reflecting on what shooting was up against! An urbanised public detached from the real natural world....and their ill informed and anthropomorphic views on animals.

This is where the anti shooting extremists recruit support!

My subsequent (second) posting was in response to Dougy' comment! 

Any clearer?

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

This is what shooting is up against.....a stupid urbanised public so detached from the real natural world, that the particularly sad ones think of and treat animals like humans!.....Except of course when buying prepacked meat from the supermarket! Then they are just too mentally challenged, fixed in their opinions and up their own backsides........to associate animals with food!!

They are trying to help animals that are injured and suffering i wont criticise them for that, do you think a injured creature should just be left to suffer. 

The current crop of veggies/vegans on twitter are providing much amusement on twitter. It's a free world and i support the right to freedom of views and opinions. I just wish they'd get their facts right. Showing an Arla milk processing plant on an industrial estate and calling it an factory farm or showing a calf being de-horned and telling everyone it's being shot with a bolt gun are two so far

Edited by keg

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

They are trying to help animals that are injured and suffering i wont criticise them for that, do you think a injured creature should just be left to suffer. 

Nope! I'm quite prepared to put a wounded/injured/suffering creature out of its misery! if others want to spend their time attempting to nurse them back to health, then that is their choice! I do however, recognise that many of these good doer, snowflake, anthropomorphic individuals/organisations often take an extreme animal protectionist, anti shooting viewpoint? If these types leave shooting alone, I'll Leave them alone!

I do not criticise what they do.........I do however feel the need to question why they do it?

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I do not criticise what they do.........I do however feel the need to question why they do it?

Yes I am the same . In my opinion the kindest thing that can be done for wounded pigeon be it feral or whatever is dispatch it humanely and dispose of it. Trying re habilitate it whatever is just likely to cause further suffering and/or make it more vunerable to predators.

But as said it is a free world I suppose.

Edited by aga man

Got to say I respect what these people are trying to do, I hate to see anything suffer, I happily shoot pigeon and like anyone else that shoots live game do occasionally wing the odd one, it' something I try to avoid and dispatch anything injured asap.

Anyone trying to do some good in the world stopping any animal suffering gets a thumbs up from me.