.223 Ammo

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Graham M said:

I bought some 100grn PPI in .243 and they were absolutely brilliant. and the cases are superb for reloading.

Just as I said, worth a try and work for some.........in my case I get on better with the 90g .243 SP, and as I've mentioned historically, the PRVI 55g .223 SP and .308 150 g SP all work to 1" for me in MY rifles.   I never push the boundaries too much with field work, and that grouping does me just fine!

:yes::good:

Edited by Dekers

Northallerton Shooting Supplies have been doing Norma 55gr "training" rounds for £34 for 50 (can't even buy Norma brass that cheap), it's not great for tight groups (2" @ 100 yards in my Browning) but if you're going to reload eventually it's ideal.

Edited by Deker

Local prices Privi Partizan 55 grain FMJ  £12.50 for 20  American Eagle 55 Grain FMJ or 50 grain SP £12.50 for 20 Also do a 62 grain SP for £12.50.   Hornady FMJ BT Training round 55 Grain £22.00 for 50.  Hornady 55 Grain Spire Point £32.50 for 50. 

All except the Training Rounds are suitable for reloading as they are brass cartridge cases

Edited by Flyboy1950

On 02/02/2018 at 13:03, Deker said:

Northallerton Shooting Supplies have been doing Norma 55gr "training" rounds for £34 for 50 (can't even buy Norma brass that cheap), it's not great for tight groups (2" @ 100 yards in my Browning) but if you're going to reload eventually it's ideal.

Are they not steel cases?

23 hours ago, mad1 said:

Have you tryed richardson garden centre on the a19...how about reloading yourself? Where abouts are you ?

M1

Hi,

Im between Scotch Corner and Darlo.. I would like to try the Privi Partizan or American Eagle so will have a butchers at local prices. Thanks for the replies.

Neil