What Road tax do you guys pay on your 4x4's

Keith RW

Just taxed my Xtrail @ £305 for the year, 2004 2.5 SVE petrol, had it for ten years now and love it to bits, always done everything I expected and asked of it and has been one of the most reliable vehicles i have ever owned having never let me down since purchased with 35k on clock and just turned 100K miles and will probably run it till the wheels fall off.....only gripe is cost of road tax but i offset that against the reliability and service provided throughout the year.....

What do you guys pay for your 4x4 road tax

Think yourself lucky , my Peugeot bipper van 1.4 hdi ( 2010) costs me £257 a year. I rekon your getting better value for money ,

a mate of mine has the car version and pays around £50 a year , work that out .

Edited by stevo

My 2.5 is an automatic and I pay the same. Its done 213K miles and seems we have the same rock steady reliability. Just needed to replace the blower resistor/temp control a couple of weeks ago: Nissan said £160, ebay said £18 and it was fine.

Wife moans about the fuel but it does all that we both want from it. From my shooting needs I get to be able to access the focus of my scope while the forestock rests in the door mirror bracket (could'nt do that in the CR-V) and the sunroof is great for a shooting buddy in the rear - and he can whisper instructions instead of raising his voice. also stacks of room in the boot.

I keep meaning to raise the front seats a tad - might get done this summer.

Edited by Dave-G

10 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I keep meaning to raise the front seats a tad - might get done this summer.

how you planning on raising the seats Dave .....another plus is the already comfortable position compared to some that are like sitting up in bed whilst driving and not at all ideal.

10 minutes ago, Keith RW said:

The back bolts can be longer with 40mm long thick wall tubes but the front fixing needs a 40mm thick oblong block wi two holes, one threaded. It's the fronts that will be awkward unless I can find someone to make them for me.

Its mostly the wife who wants the added height - she uses a cusion ATM. I might see if anyone on the X-Trail FB group wants some and get a batch done for sale. 

8 minutes ago, la bala said:

Nothing on my Series 3 Landrover, its now registered historic.

Nice one.

Do you still need an MOT?

Some mates were talking and saying something about classics not needing one?

Apparently makes it easier to sell an old number plate as the vehicle it’s off no longer needs to be on the road.

Cheers.

53 minutes ago, station said:

Nice one.

Do you still need an MOT?

Some mates were talking and saying something about classics not needing one?

Apparently makes it easier to sell an old number plate as the vehicle it’s off no longer needs to be on the road.

Cheers.

In  May of this year my series will be M.O.T exempt if I wish.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

My old Landrover is tax exempt, my new one however cost me just over £500 as it’s a seven seater. 

I will soon be in the same boat - not sure if it deserves a frownie or a smilie ??

What model is your new one as I know on certain models the only option to avoid the extra 2 seats is to have a heavy duty tow bar fitted.

Obviously no use for those wanting the plus 2 ability but 2-3 years tax saving would pay for it as a factory fit item.

ATB.

11 minutes ago, station said:

I will soon be in the same boat - not sure if it deserves a frownie or a smilie ??

What model is your new one as I know on certain models the only option to avoid the extra 2 seats is to have a heavy duty tow bar fitted.

Obviously no use for those wanting the plus 2 ability but 2-3 years tax saving would pay for it as a factory fit item.

ATB.

It’s a 110 XS  2.4 TDCi. I intend to remove the two rear seats but as it still has the seven seat capability it won’t make any difference as far as I’m aware.