getting care for an elderly neighbour

fieldwanderer

I'm scratching my head a little bit here so wondered if any of you might know;

My parents are in their 70's but an older neighbour keeps coming to them for help, my old man in particular will do anything he can for anyone so they're doing their best but it's well past the point where this old lady should be getting professional help / in a home. As far as anyone knows, she only has a daughter and she's (much to everyone's disgust) not interested at all!

So, I'm trying to help several people here, is there any way I can report the situation and get someone out to help her without her family/doctor's say so?

We had a lot of problems getting the care for a great aunt that she was entitled to. Social Services were only interested in trying as hard as they could to not get involved.

In the end I got a solicitor to write a threatening letter to head of social services because whenever there was a problem they were phoning my 85 year old mother, sometimes at two oclock in the morning,  or passing on her phone number (without authority) to other agencies like the police for example. It was just buck passing.

Its amazing how much difference one solicitors letter can make  

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Vince Green has a handle on how to deal with Council / Social Services. Been there for one of our neighbours. They do respond to the right pressure.

on how to deal with ALL Council departments/ Social services and just about every other organisation now days who dont seem to do their job until you start making legal or social media threats! (This month its been Mytyres and Comparethemarket!)