Advice, hearing protecters

Morrisman

I know it's not what you asked, but these are the ear defenders I use. They are not freely available in the UK more in the USA market, but Brownells sell them. I find they work well at the range for small bore/full bore as well as at the clay ground. Very comfortable and a low profile cup to minimse stock bumping.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/SPORT-RANGEGUARD-PELTOR-Black-Electronic-21-dB-100016856

I think the Protac are a slightly cheaper range. I have sporttac and Protac shooter (they also do a Protac hunter). 

The Protac pick up wind noise more than the Sporttac, but they are much better at the range as they stop more noise from large muzzle brakes. Not sure about the Protac hunter,I've never tried a pair.

If I remember rightly when I bought mine the protac 2 was more expensive but also more protective, the sportac I think was mid twenties snr whereas the protac was low thirties.  I have the protac 2 and think they are fantastic  

They now do a protac 3 which is both more protective and cheaper than the Sportac, it comes in slim (snr26) and full cup (snr32) versions. 

Eyeballing stock levels I wonder if the slim and full cup protac 3s are replacing the sportac and protac 2.

Edited by Wb123