Recent joinery /jobs

team tractor

40 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Cheers

On average about 3-4 months . 5 of us in the shop but we can’t advertise else we would be in deep ####  . 

And thank you 

Good for you. Quality work is always in demand. 

I’m taking the plunge and going back to my own work full time. Had enough of being on roofs in -4 weather and teeming rain.

It’s going to be interesting to see if I can build up the clientele again after all this time. 

30 minutes ago, figgy said:

Very nice shaker style kitchen and the French doors and windows are nice too. Is that MDF panels in the cut down angled door.

30 minutes ago, figgy said:

Very nice shaker style kitchen and the French doors and windows are nice too. Is that MDF panels in the cut down angled door.

Yeah it’s a fresh door tho being painted for under a stair case. Customer wanted cheap . Just finishing the kitchen today :)

44 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

yeah i have to agree zapp his work is all way  to  a very high speck, it's a man who obviously loves doing what he does :good:

We love it . Money’s **** but theirs more to life than money. 

Cheers :)

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Good for you. Quality work is always in demand. 

I’m taking the plunge and going back to my own work full time. Had enough of being on roofs in -4 weather and teeming rain.

It’s going to be interesting to see if I can build up the clientele again after all this time. 

My dads been going 42 years but has just retired so it’s a lot of my customers now . I’ve thought about shutting shop so many times now as you get sick of waiting for your money. 

“ the jobs lovely lads but I can’t get the money for a few weeks “ it gets old. :/ 

hope it goes well for you 

some cracking work as always mate, I never understand how folk don't pay up when they've had work done, I expect my wages in the bank every Friday, some lads are moaning at five past midnight if it's not in.

we had some roofing work done last year, one was an emergency repair on a flat roof the fella got to that pretty quick, payed him as soon as he billed me. We also got a price for another job on the front of the house, chased him for months because he was so busy, funny thing was he did the job then asked what price had he given because he couldn't remember.

Don't know what you do scully but if you do a good job won't take long for folk to be ringing you.

1 hour ago, Deker said:

some nice work there, I need some similar work doing myself

I’m in Tamworth staffs if I can help?

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Cheers. 

Yes; I’ve had to knock on a couple of doors. Not my favourite job.

Have considered ‘terms and conditions’, but to be fair the majority pay up very quickly. 

Most pay within a few days but some take the Micky . Order extras then expect to pay job lot at the end. It could be glass and cnc glass work is 10-12 days around here .

32 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Your usual high standard Nath, when I finish this house I'm going to post all of my work so you can all have a damn good giggle - Doors are supposed to swing open or closed on their own aren't they?

I won’t giggle ? . ;) 

shame no Pw weekenderto laugh at each other this year dude

3 hours ago, keg said:

Wish you lived closer to Leeds!

3 hours ago, keg said:

Wish you lived closer to Leeds!

It’s only a few hours away if you get stuck. I can supply stuff easily and use a local installer or cover our fuel ?

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

the last door I put was fine, but the hinges seemed a little tight with a slight squeak, drop of oil sorted......... And now it swings shut very slowly, I've just left it, swinging open would have bothered me.

Sounds like the frame out of level but if your happy enough you’ve no need to worry. :)